Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best in-earphones for running?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I know it’s ear-dependent but I’ve tried a few and they all fall out regardless of which size ear buds I use

fadda

James – do they have to be in-ear ones? try a search for “sennheiser” on here. I bought some on a recommendation on STW, and they’re fab! (don’t know which model, but the connector bit goes behind your head/neck and they were around 20 GBP…)

Kuco

I’ve got some Sennheiser ones. I’ve got the ones that go behind the ear and also some that go behind the neck as I found in-ear ones never stayed in my ears no matter what brand I brought. I really like the ones that go behind the ears.

I’m currently looking at these ones to use with the small shuffle i’ve got with the remote feature.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have a pair of round the back of the head seinheisers and they never move.

but they are only comfy for around an hour – any more than that they are pish uncomfy so on that note i couldnt reccomend them ! – due to how they work they press in on the ears and the side of the head – ive tried bending and heating and bending and i cant get them comfy !

simon_g

I have some Philips ones which have an earbud part but go up and over the ear too. Never move at all and comfy for hours. Can’t remember the model but I think it’s 8000 or 8008.

Jamie
    Free Member

I use some old Sony in ear ones. Work fine and the cable splits so do not have loads of wires flapping about. I think it does sometimes come down to the shape of your ear canal and you just have to try a load. I got lucky!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks all

organic355
    Free Member

Ive got a set of these: Sennheiser PMX70 Sport Headphones

Sound good and dont move, but crap for planes, trains etc as the rear band just pushes them off your ears.

Wish they came in other colours than luminous green though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Wish they came in other colours than luminous green though.

Helps the muggers to spot you tho 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

organic thats what ive got in orange – nae good for riding bike either – you cant just put one ear in !

tip for you on planes – i forgot my on plane headphones- (ones supplied were not loud enough for my laptop) on monday and only had these with my ipod ….

put the band over your forehead and the ear bits in your ears – thus you can lean back watch your movie and fall asleep in comfort ! look like a tit – but so **** … i was comfy and slept most of the way !

simon_g

I had some of those PX70s – OK with just a t-shirt but when it’s colder and you run with a jacket, the collar brushes against the rear bit.

The ones I mentioned are the Philips SHH8008:

They’re great. Come with three sizes of earplug so should fit anyone. Nice touch is that the lead is a short one with an extension – so if you’ve got an ipod shuffle or a running top with an MP3 player pocket high up you don’t need a big spool of cable to get tangled.

CountZero

While I don’t wear ‘phones while running, I wear them at work which involves a lot of moving around, lifting boxes, operating machines, etc, I’ve found Ultimate Ears phones stay put as well or better than any others, although that may be in part due to their recommendation you wear them so the cable points forward and loops over the top and down the back of the ear, that way any tugging on the lead just tightens the lead over the ear. It needs a pretty hefty tug to pull an earpiece out. The SuperFi 3 Studios can be had from themp3company for £49.95, and they have the huge advantage, apart from sounding fantastic, of having replacable cables, and individual earpieces if you wreck one. You can also get an iPhone compatible cable as well. I’ve got three different UE models, and I love them to bits.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best in-earphones for running?’ is closed to new replies.