Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Best heckle from another cyclist
  • scaled
    Free Member

I had a right angry little bastard on the way home down the canal today, generally minding my own business about 15mph slowing down well behind people then passing with a cheery hello and thank yous the whole way home. That was until Mr Angry pulls onto the path in front of me (without looking I should add :D)

I waited for about 30 seconds till there was a straight section then nipped past with a jogger about 30m coming towards us, this incensed the grumpy bastard, he sat on my wheel for the next 5 mins screaming abuse at me about how it wasn’t all about me, giving cyclists a bad name and all that.

I was finding it all quite amusing until he screams “I BET YOU READ THE **** GUARDIAN AS WELL”, that was it for me, nearly ended up in the bloody canal.

Mr Angry brightened up my commute home more than he’ll (probably) ever know, unless he’s on here!

flashinthepan
    Free Member

It was me. You’re welcome

chakaping
    Free Member

You didn’t say whether he was right or not?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nor if he was on a unicycle..

Or

Recumbent..

Details man, details.

amedias
    Free Member

he sat on my wheel for the next 5 mins

ah, so you couldn’t drop him then, how embarrassing 😉

newrobdob
    Free Member

I’d made sure he was right behind me then braked hard. Either crash into me or go in canal. 😉

eddie11
    Free Member

me going full gas at the megavelanche. Euro spectator shouts in heavily accented english ‘off the brakes!’ i saw the funny side. a bit. bastard.

Speshpaul

“its not a dog!”

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Not exactly a heckle but in the days of mountain mayhem mudfests at Eastnor. Grinding through the campsite section at the end of a lap a guy held a placard out which read ‘ everyone’s a hero’ as I approached he flipped it to read ‘except you’still laugh about it now.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I would be furious if someone accused me of being a guardian reader.
    I dont think I have been heckled but I’m fairly oblivious to other people.

Fat-boy-fat

Another Mountain Mayhem heckle ish. Did it one year with a massive chest infection and, as I was pushing up a hill coughing my lungs up, a young lady stopped and said “thank You, you’re the only person I’ve managed to pass today”. Hmmm.

tomhoward

Not directed at me, but the best I’ve heard, to a crashed rider at a race in whistler, ‘Aww, shall we go get your mum?’

IdleJon

Aww, shall we go get your mum?’

😆 Must use it on tonight’s ride.

andybrad

at the ard rock this year. Panman (jason) said “its ok mate you can speed it up when you show your mates” to the guys with the go pros. Made me smile.

finbar
    Free Member

“Tour de France is that way!”

“So’s your mum.”

bennyb
    Free Member

Whilst riding my ebike, most passes result In an under the breath ‘****’ remark. Even ended up calling my last strava ride ‘my names not ****!’ Lol.

aracer
    Free Member

It wasn’t me – honest!

swamptin
    Free Member

A mate was stuck to my wheel down a trail the other day. I offered to let him pass, but he said ‘No, no need.’
    Cut to the end of the trail where I was feeling pretty happy with my skill and speed on the trail until my mate said “Man, I’m so fat and lazy…” That cut deep.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Best heckle from another cyclist’ is closed to new replies.