Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best heating oil supplier?
  • wolly
    Free Member

Used boiler juice when we moved in was happy just wondering if there’s any better out there, I’d like to top up the tank while the price is down

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Phone around everytime for best price, and consider joining up with neighbours for a bulk buy…price drops substantially then.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Look at local suppliers , boilerjuice is expensive.

I can save 3 or 4 pence a litre off their best weekend accumulator price going direct – and get it next day.

itstig

Find out who supplies your place of work ring them and see if they will give you the same discounts (name drop like mad) you never know.

br
    Free Member

There will only be a limited number of suppliers who’ll actually supply your house, so just ring (same day) them all up and ask the price.

Where we live there are only two suppliers, plus the next village has a ‘pool’ (with one of the two suppliers).

The price for a 1000 litres varies but often less than a penny a litre, but at Easter there was a 12p difference – either way, go with the cheapest.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

COD should get you a better price over account, but the price will be more volume orientated as essentially the same overhead for 900L as 9000L, so bulk buying with neighbours sounds a good idea. As said, phone around as many as possible and go with the cheapest, it’s just a commodity at the end of the day and quite often comes from the same terminal.
    I used to work for British Fuels (now called CPL).

neilc1881
    Free Member

Yup, get in with a load of neighbours and bulk order. About 3 of us on the farm plus another half dozen from the village get a good deal from our local supplier, 58p last time I think.

wolly
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies, best boiler juice price was 59ppl, I’ll ring the chaps who supply work and see if there’s anything they can do for me,

br
    Free Member

The price you’ve got is pretty meaningless, unless other STWers lived next door – as prices are pretty much based on where you live and whether they’ve a contract with a supplier in your area.

MrOvershoot

neilc1881 – Member

Yup, get in with a load of neighbours and bulk order. About 3 of us on the farm plus another half dozen from the village get a good deal from our local supplier, 58p last time I think.
    What’s the spec on the fuel?

Using around 21000 liters a week at work running a 1250Kva generator, was twice that just over a week ago!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best heating oil supplier?’ is closed to new replies.