Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Best graphics card around the £100 mark
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’m currently getting into Skyrim and it seems to run really well in full HD on my humble Radeon 5750. However, I do think that the graphics card is the weak point in the system (4gb, quad core i5) and I suspect that it might struggle when things get busy (although Skyrim’s own self-test function sets everything to high quality).

I’m a bit out of touch with gfx card techonology and the various models; what would people recommend for around the £100-£120 mark?

PlopNofear
    Free Member

I currently run a ati 6850 msi cyclone edition in my PC also i5 and 4gb of ram. It runs Skyrim on ultra and just about Battlefield 3 on ultra as well. My card is well out of date already even though I’ve only had it for 7 months. A quick google showed it for around £80-£90, so you probably could get a even higher spec one nowadays.

PJay
    Free Member

In terms of AMD Radeon cards, I assumed that 7xxx series cards were better than 6xxx cards, but a 6870 card is more expensive that a 7770 from the same manufacturer.

Russell96

There is a graphics card hierarchy chart on the last page of the regular Tomshardware best GPU for your money, here is the link to the July 2012 report >>

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32481.html

PJay
    Free Member

Cheers, that kind of confirms what I thought – a few pounds over the £100 will get a Radeon 6870, which looks the business.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Best graphics card around the £100 mark’ is closed to new replies.