Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best good value bike stand
  • wheely
    Free Member

Should I fork out £75 for a decent park stand (go outdoors price) – or try something a bit cheaper. I know Aldi recently had some cheap ones – but what about this Raleigh one – anyone tried it ?

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/raleigh-home-mechanic-folding-workstand-p412466#tabs

My bike is valuable to me so will probs go Park. But just putting feelers out

moonsaballoon

I’ve had one of the Aldi ones for a few years now and it’s been fine , bit unstable on the full suss but that is more to do with the frame design and lack of areas to clamp . Never felt I needed a better one

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The Aldi ones are fine. The clamp mechanism is a bit clumsy but unless you’re a pro who’s working on 20 bikes a day so mounting bikes and i mounting them all the time it’s really not an issue. To be fair I’ve not found it too unstable with my 33lb mountain bike

scc999

I have an Aldi one and will replace it when I have the money / get around to it.

Mainly because of the clamp. It’s nearly impossible to clamp my full suss with it as I don’t like the idea of clamping the Reverb and the jaws don’t open wide enough to get round the TT.

If I had a regular seat tube then I would be more than happy with it I expect.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

That Raleigh one is basically the same as the Aldi/Lidl one.

It’s fine, for me it’s more sturdy and easier to use than the basic Park one.

zero-cool
    Free Member

I’ve got the basic Park one, it’s very old now and still is as good and reliable as the day I got it.

Tom KP

takisawa2

I bought one from Wiggle / Merlin years ago, quite a simple affair with two legs. The clamp broke but I just use a ratchet clam when I’m working on it. Can’t recall the make, Life-Pro or something like that.
    Anyhow I bought an Aldi one but ended up giving it to the local bike charity. Was a cumbersome affair, whereas the older one is just a doddle to use & folds away easily & is sturdier.
    When I buy again I’ll get the Park one.

flaps
    Free Member

I bought a Lidl one (£25) that does the job for me

thwapy
    Free Member

Park. Sturdy reliable worth it

thwapy
    Free Member

Park. Sturdy reliable worth it

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best good value bike stand’ is closed to new replies.