Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best Golf ball?
  • Tiger6791

xmas shopping, what are considered a bit too good to buy for yourself nowadays.

Low handicapper

Pro V 1 still good?

nealglover
    Free Member

I would have thought a low handicap golfer would have a favourite ball that they always use ?

Not much point buying them anything else as they probably won’t get used

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

All my balls had “stolen from Lea Marston” on when I was a wee lad. They were ok but I am not sure you can buy them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Exactly what @nealglover says.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Pro v are still the safety choice for a v nice present. But the hidden bargain (and a better ball IMO) is the Bridgestone if you can find it. Their top ball is about 70% of the price but I think it’s actually a better ball. Makes the greens “come alive” 😉

Two choices based on swing speed – sadly I am now old enough to use the slower swing speed version.

Houns

Ahh the old Bridgestone Rextar balls and J’s irons.

Trees for golf holes, isn’t it, wasn’t it

Anyway, bringing it back to the modern day. As mentioned above, try and find out what they use already

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The current one:

http://www.americangolf.co.uk/BridgestoneGolf/Bridgestone-B330-RXS-2012-%2812%29/235309,en_GB,pd.html?gclid=CO2Mg8i26boCFSQFwwodD1kANA&ef_id=@ERPMR1rW0EAAIAI:20131116133703:s

In two swing speeds.

Talking of retro stuff, Wilson have finally remembered what an iron look like. Their blade brings back memories of the beautiful Wilson staff irons of my youth.

Houns

Oh nice, must have a look to bring back some memories. I loved Faldo so pretty much had the clubs/brands he did 😳

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

http://www.wilson.com/en-gb/golf/irons/FG62/

Like a nice mizuno or miura or even the old staff. Proper golf clubs before all the game improvement mythology came in. And we think MTB has BS with tyres.

Just dug out my Wilson staff putter. No marking, no offset, just a pure blade, I had forgotten what putting was meant to feel like. Beautiful. Hadn’t used it for 20 odd years but hard to let it go now!!!!

Rockape63
    Free Member

I always use the Pro V1 or Pro V1x because I’m used to it, but frankly even if you’re a very good golfer you have to be striking the ball very well and very consistently to notice a difference and even then it’s difficult.

Last week I played with a Callaway HX Tour I had found and reckon it was longer than the Titliest and just as soft. But then I was playing very well which always helps!

So in answer to your question ……. Yes!

tiggs121
    Free Member

Pro V1x here – 3 handicapper. I might give those Bridgestones a go though.

The Callaway HX Tour is a good ball too as previously mentioned.

Houns

Not hit a ball in anger in years, a bashed up solid ball from a driving range will do me now

And I’d still beat you 😡 😆

chojin
    Free Member

I was going to start a golf thread the other day but didn’t through fear of ridicule!
    Nice to know there are others out there 🙂

tiggs121
    Free Member

How about a STW “open”?

Houns sounds like he’s up for a challenge!

ronniethescot
    Free Member

Best ball….. Pro v1
    Best value srixon ad333
    Something in the middle srixon Z star

I’m a member of a large club, and play with different guys most weeks, the srixon AD333 is by far the most popular. I’d rather 2 dozen AD’s than a dozen prov’s.

Not much need for a high spin ball in the winter, most places will have soft greens or even winter temps this time of year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best Golf ball?’ is closed to new replies.