Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best German online stores ?
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi crew,
    About to get a Garmin tourer or edge 810 and think I could get a good deal on the German sties. Which are the best sites and are there any hidden cost from buying abroad. Another quick question – do the Garmin tourer and edge 810 have the same mapping program in them ?

Cheers

otsdr
    Free Member

It really depends on what you’re looking for, there are products/brands you can only find on some sites. I personally buy from bike-components more often, but I rate bike24, actionsports, bike-discount, rose, r2-bike just as high.

There are no hidden costs, owing to the fact that Germany and UK are both in the EU. Do note that some of the sites charge German VAT (19%), while some might charge the UK VAT (20%) – this will be shown at checkout. I found this to be true with Bike24, although I’m from Romania.

Given that the Touring is essentially an 800 with a different firmware, the mapping software should be the same. The preloaded maps differ between Touring and 810, as far as I understand.

wrecker
    Free Member

Hi Bike are good too.

andysredmini
    Free Member

The german sites are great but for different items. Like our shops they prices fluctuate so you need to shop around at time of purchase to find the best deals. It’s not uncommon for stuff to get delivered faster than UK companies either.

MoreCashThanDash

Used Rose Bikes for the first time for some Reba’s the other week. Great price and service, despite the best efforts of Parcelforce.

I’d happily try the other sites on the back of that experience ce, whichever offered the best deal.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Wiggle will probably price match a .de site
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sc/price-promise

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best German online stores ?’ is closed to new replies.