• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best full suspension design for a bigger person?
  • ton

last full suspension bike i owned was a ventana 29r fitted with a rp23 shock, and revelation air forks.
    it rode perfect, even when i was 22 stone. i am a fair bit lighter now.
    this was 5 yrs ago.
    has suspension come on any? what design set up it good for a big un nowadays.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fairly subjective really. Got some weekends to kill riding other people’s bikes? Get on so. Get demo days.

Predicts a thread of what I have to follow

khani
    Free Member

Look for something with a low leverage ratio for the travel, for example my Rockstar runs a 200×50 shock for 100mm travel where most 100mm travel bikes run a 38mm stroke shock,
    A lower leverage ratio means you run less pressure for a given amount of sag and the shocks not working as hard so better for the ‘ahem’ larger gentleman..

iainc

you not supposoed to be lying down somewhere ? 🙂

gerryberry
    Free Member

How many bikes are you after Ton? You seem to start a new ‘which bike’ for a different bike every day…

ton

you not supposoed to be lying down somewhere ?

sat in waiting room now….just gonna get canulared up….. 😆

keeping the new bike option open depending on tomorrows outcome.

iainc

all the best

thegreatape
    Free Member

Let us know what you’ve decided later on then!

honourablegeorge

+1 for the longer shock stroke.

fasthaggis

I like your style ton,window shopping while in a backless gown 😉

All the best for today.

jairaj

Something with a shock where you can add volume reducing spacers or a shock with a low volume to start with. Often larger riders need the shock to ramp up and become less linear at the end of stroke to handle larger hits better.

ajr
    Free Member

Ventana Zeus, different suspension to your 29er. Pedals better than the older design but still low leverage ratio.

JoeG
    Free Member

Look at Lenz.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best full suspension design for a bigger person?’ is closed to new replies.