Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • best full english breakfast in central london?
  • scotia
    Free Member

My colleague is arriving into LCY from Switzerland with the family and he’s hoping to eat a traditional english breakfast thats not so much a chain like Garfunkels..

any suggestions?

thanks!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I had a nice one at little coffee shop just about opposite the Drury Lane entrance of Covent Garden Travelodge earlier this year. No idea if it was the best one in London but it was perfectly nice, the cafe wasn’t rammed and they had papers out to read.

alfabus
    Free Member

The Regency, in Westminster/Pimlico.

Awesome food, excellently rude staff (if you’re not polite to them) and such a nice setting it was used in Layer Cake (when he batters the bloke with a teapot).

Dave

aP
    Free Member

There’s got to be somewhere good in the Wapping, Whitechapel or Shoreditch area… might be a bit gritty for them though? Usually anywhere near a bus garage or depot has a pretty good caff.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I dunno but I would bet that its gonna be somewhere near either Smithfield, Billingsgate or Borough.

Stoner
    Free Member

There’s a few around smithfield.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Savoy used to be superb, but not been back since the refit.

Simpsons in the Strand. Always a pleasure.

The Goring, however, wins my vote. Haven’t been since the Royal Wedding, so it may well be over run with tourists these days, but you will struggle to find a more sublime place to break your fast.

Many of the Clubs do a smashing brekker as well, but getting in may be harder!

scotia
    Free Member

thanks for the ideas! for info they are planning to go into their hotel leave the baggage and then head out for brekkie.

the hotel is v close to baker street u-ground if tht helps with any future suggestions

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the hotel is v close to baker street u-ground if tht helps with any future suggestions

North of the Parks?

I’m out. Anyone able to help? Bandit country, you see.

😈

retro83
    Free Member

E.Pellicci’s is meant to be very very good for brekkie, sadly closed when I was taken there 🙁

konabunny
    Free Member
    Pigface
    Free Member

Flashy that would be south of Regents Park

There was a cafe on Paddington Street we used to go to, I am sure Marleybone High Street will have something on it.

corroded
    Free Member
    brassneck

If they can hang on a bit The Volunteer at the top of Baker Street does a good veggie breakfast from 11:00 .. I assume the same standard applies to the omnivorous alternative.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There’s a Park north of Hyde? Good Lord above. I thought that was called “Yorkshire”.

😉

rootes1

Regency Cafe in Pimlico..

ace chips – had some yesterday – go there quite a bit….. clean, nice food and good value

make sure you order your food BEFORE you sit down 😉

does seem to get a lot of tourists think this due to film association and think it may be in travel guides

http://tinyurl.com/68y766p

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The Savoy
    Simpsons in the Strand.
    The Goring

Whatever you do, ignore FLashy and avoid the posh places. All you’ll end up doing is paying exorbitant prices for the ‘privilege’ of sitting in a poncy restaurant.

Proper Full English is working mens’ cafe fair. For a right decent fry up, you’ll need to venture into some of the ‘less attractive’ areas of London, such as Bethnal Green, Hackney, Southwark and that. Few good places in the centre though, such as Beppe’s Cafe by St Barts hospital, Smithfields. Pellici’s, as mentioned above, was a proper nice cafe dunno if it’s still open though.

Usually anywhere near a bus garage or depot has a pretty good caff.

Here is wisdom. You want somewhere where loads of hungry blokes go to stock up on energy for the day ahead. There’s a few in the City as well, the ones that are open from silly o’clock.

Can’t beat coming home from a night out clubbing, sitting in a cafe while the sun comes up, next to some massive bloke about to go on his shift on a bin lorry, discussing the relative merits of the various political parties, or how well the ‘Ammers will do this season. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Regency is a great spot. Just up the road from Flash Towers, and an occasional visit. There’s another on Buckingham Palace Road (forget the name) which is very popular with cabbies. That shoudl be a good one, but never tried it. (Cycle Surgery Victoria just down the road as well)

alfabus
    Free Member

i bloody said the regency way up there!….

<wanders off because no-one is listening>

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh, and as an alternative, for lunch possibly, check out the Indian YMCA on Fitzroy Square W1T, which isn’t far from Baker St. Canteen-style place, but fantastic honest Indian grub, at silly cheap prices. You’ll be stuffed for less than a tenner each, trust me. An unlikely setting and venue perhaps, but a proper little gem right near the West End.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Smiths of Smithfield is too far from you.

I think it’s a little over-rated too. There’s better places around Smithfield IMHO.

Gribs

The best breakfast I’ve had in London was at Cafe Alpha on Commercial Road in Shadwell. It’s a proper workmans cafe with decent sized portions and fairly cheap.

Bregante

This place took some beating.

Home with Virus Banner

grantway
    Free Member

Brilliant one near Ealing Broadway
    What part of London you wanting to go to?

Theres a good basic Cafe just off of the A13 on Prince Regents lane Ask for the Sky Breakfast.

Also cafe outside Bethnal Green opposite the park in Cambridge Heath RD
    been there for years! They do an ultimate breakfast.
    If you eat it all they give you another breakfast free.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

best full english breakfast in central london?

And yet people recommend;

Theres a good basic Cafe just off of the A13 on Prince Regents

and

Also cafe outside Bethnal Green opposite the park in Cambridge Heath RD

Ever been to Central London?

konabunny
    Free Member

Perhaps you should try the Regency Cafe (or, more accurately, the Regenc y Cafe) on Regency St, SW1?

Regency Cafe (Pimlico, London, UK)

montylikesbeer

As above the regency is superb, used to eat there many a day with the rest of the lift engineers, great toast by the way.

Another cracker was Terry Cafe just south of the river.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘best full english breakfast in central london?’ is closed to new replies.