Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Best free gift you've ever received from online bike store/bike related store?
  • romster
    Free Member

Wiggle give away sweets (so i hear)…….anyone else started giving away suprise little gifts??

Does it make that big of a difference receiving such gifts?

Jamie
    Free Member

Superstar do sweeties as well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My LBS does coffee, cake, banter, friendship, lets me use the workshop, storage, great help on wheelbuilding etc. etc. etc. etc.

A little bag of cheap sweets ain't enough for me, thanks.

ton

a packet of ryveta's and a tunnock caramel biscuit………seriously.

romster
    Free Member

WOW!! Now that it one hell of a LBS!! How the **** do they make any money being so kind………

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They sell great stuff at great prices, so I buy said stuff from them rather than relying on some remote, faceless entity to post things to me.

Which is nice.

romster
    Free Member

Well come on then, stop teasing – who are they!!

juan
    Free Member

My LBS offers me the same than CFH's one and sometimes lunch. Plus I got a free jersey last time. Plan is to go on a motorcycle trip with them at some points.
    How do they make money romster, well it's easy they apply a margin that's allow them to live. So obviously, they are not as cheap as CRC or wiggle or streak'x. But then I have my money worth in service advice and human dimension.

brakes
    Free Member

My new LBS has a workshop you can use, does maintenance classes and has a free bike wash. I haven't been in yet.

romster
    Free Member

I'm all for LBS's…….but this conversation is taking me off topic of what i asked……..lol

Cougar

Last time I was in our LBS, they gave me a can of spray lube and a shock pump…!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

The little bags of Tangfastics/Starmix from wiggle/mlehworld are best.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Some lube before they did me 😀

adey205
    Free Member

my new gloves came from crc today complete with………………………………………………………………..free water bottle, and not a tacky one either

TheSwede
    Free Member

Bought a yeti 575 and got a free set of fox talas rlc's. Sweeeet.

iain1775
    Free Member

I quite often get 'free' overdraft charges with the orders I place with online bike shops
    Does that count? 😉

peteimpreza

A stem cap from Roaring Mouse Cycles in San Francisco engraved with the shops emblem.

http://www.roaringmousecycles.com/

white101

When I bought my first proper HT many years back My LBS gave me a pair of hooks for hanging my frame from the garage roof beams. Lived in a flat.
    I've had nowt better since

Bing
    Free Member

Discount.

cheers_drive

Wiggle bottle opener keyring – I got 3 of them a few years back

njee20
    Free Member

I paid about £500 for a nice looking cardboard box, and those folk at Merlin kindly stuck in some SID forks, and an XTR chainset. I was pretty gobsmacked frankly.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Best free gift you've ever received from online bike store/bike related store?’ is closed to new replies.