Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Best email I have received all day
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

So, some of my department have take students out today on a Jack the Ripper tour as part of their crime and punishment course, they are year 8s.

I got this email from one of the trip leaders….

” ________________ decided to go to the toilet in a sink…..he thought it was a urinal. He got very upset when everybody laughed at him, including all the staff!!! I’ll give you details later. It was a classic.
    >
    > Sent from my iPhone

I had to confirm what I had just read… and received this one afterwards…

“I’m being serious. He actually thought the sink was a urinal. It was hilarious. The bloke standing next to him washing his hands wasn’t too impressed though!”

DrP

Ooh..Blankety blank.
    I’ll go first:

Mr Thomas, head of year, decided to go to the toilet in a sink…..he thought it was a urinal. He got very upset when everybody laughed at him, including all the staff!!! I’ll give you details later. It was a classic

DrP

mrjmt
    Free Member

Did you share that so that we too could laugh at the poor kid or so that we too could think your colleague was a bell end?

nickjb
    Free Member

Better to wee in a sink than wash your hands in urinal

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-OYM7AhW7Q[/video]

allan23
    Free Member

including all the staff!!!

… teaching staff?

Yep it’s funny, then on second thought it’s quite sad that a year 8 pupil doesn’t know the difference between a sink and a toilet.

Pretty disgraceful that staff think it’s appropriate to laugh rather than educate as they’re paid to do.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

mrjmt- I think you take things too seriously!

mrwhyte
    Free Member

yes- because that is our job- to educate about the difference between a sink and a urinal…. teaching standards eh?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Jack the Ripper tour ……they are year 8s.

😯

Being laughed at for pishing in the sink is the least of this kids psychological damage today.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Although it’s quite an amusing faux pas it is a bit sad the lad didn’t know the difference. Also I would have felt a bit bad as a teacher if when I laughed at him it upset him.

I guess you had to be there.

jamiep
    Free Member

I recall on a 80s family holiday in Spain my brother and I were briefed on not putting paper down the bog but into the little bin next to it.

My brother misunderstood = dropped his load in the bin rather than the bog

Junkyard
    Free Member

its not but taking the piss and laughing at an upset pupil is helpful because of what ?

FWIW i am also a teacher and sometimes this happens but one always tries to not just laugh at an embarrassed pupil. One certainly doesn’t do it collectively – one does share it in the staff room later.

jamiep
    Free Member

I am minded to that TV clip of a presenter, stood next to the urinal, commenting on the toilets at a festival. In the background a fella washed his hands in it while the presenter looked on in horror

Rubber_Buccaneer

it’s quite sad that a year 8 pupil doesn’t know the difference between a sink and a toilet.

a bit sad the lad didn’t know the difference

My Dad made the same mistake at the village hall, he was in his 40s at the time. Damn teachers let him down badly 🙂

nwmlarge
    Free Member

This happened to me and a mate when we were on a stag doo in brighton only we were in the ladies!

nickjb
    Free Member

I am minded to that TV clip of a presenter, stood next to the urinal, commenting on the toilets at a festival. In the background a fella washed his hands in it while the presenter looked on in horror

Err.. yes, me too

the-muffin-man

I had a call from my daughters school this morning.

It all started with “Don’t worry Mr xxxxx, but your daughter and a friend we’re involved in an incident during PE…”.

As they are right next door to one another, my daughters school uses the towns leisure centre for various sports and as she went into the changing room she was greeted to the sight of 4 naked men!

The changing rooms should have been out-of-bounds to general public during school hours, but the leisure centre had forgot to tell these fellas.

Of course this has provided loads of amusement to her and her friends, but someone at the school now has a lot of paperwork to do and the leisure centre manager is getting a rollocking.

ninfan
    Free Member
    eckinspain
    Free Member

that sounds hilarious. Maybe someone could post it here.

allan23
    Free Member

yes- because that is our job- to educate about the difference between a sink and a urinal…. teaching standards eh?

Junkyard put it better than I could.

I would have suggested, it may not be in the job description but that little extra step could have meant so much more, for the child and for any other children who witnessed. Suck it up or get another career and leave the teaching to those that can.

If it’s acceptable behaviour, would you consider publishing it on the school website?

redthunder
    Free Member

Railway related

During a meeting many moons ago. One of the contractors got a bleep/message. He laughed (even out loud) and just had to share the message with us all…it read.

“Portaloo on the main line………vandals in attendance!”

hairyscary

Single man living accommodation in the Air Force came with a urinal that doubled up as a sink…….or was it the other way round.

wrecker
    Free Member

Did you share that so that we too could laugh at the poor kid or so that we too could think your colleague was a bell end?

+1. Not cool.

Single man living accommodation in the Air Force came with a urinal that doubled up as a sink

Ah, the hot and cold running toilet…..

CraigW
    Free Member

A public toilets near me has a sign up saying “These are sinks, the urinals are around the corner”.
    They are quite large sinks, fairly low down and recessed into the wall, so maybe a few people have made that mistake.

40mpg

teaching Ideal Standards eh?

FTFY 😀

mattsccm
    Free Member

As a teacher I would have laughed to. Kids are not sacred.

theotherjonv

Reminds me slightly of a teacher story i heard – was on an overseas trip and at the airport about to fly home when one of the kids has an accident involving a pair of underpants becoming no longer inhabitable.

Because the plane’s boarding any minute, and there’s no chance of getting luggage back now it’s deep in the baggage handlers domain, the senior staff member takes the policy decision that fresh undercrackers from the Calvin Klein shop are what little Jimmy is going to go home in.

Cost him nearly £30! Of taxpayer money too!

Stoner
    Free Member

As a teacher I would have laughed to

And I’d have had you up in front of assembly to explain your poor grammar, young man.

globalti
    Free Member

The first time I went on a French campsite as a child my Mum came back from the campsite bogs reporting excitedly that they were squatters. I thought I’d go and check this out and found myself in a shower cubicle. Never having seen a shower cubicle before I pissed loudly in it, thinking it a bit odd. I can still see the Frenchman outside staring at me in disgust, about 50 years later.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I once laughed with colleagues* when a kid got his leg stuck in the arm-hole of a wetsuit at Loch Morlich Watersports. It took 4 adults pulling, Enormous Turnip style, to free him. The usual error was to put the wetsuit on with the rear zip up the front, then waddle out of the changing room complaining it didn’t fit. We warned the kids about this, but I hadn’t anticipated arm/leg confusion…

*Not in front of the kids though

slowoldman

Did he have to stand on a box?

konabunny
    Free Member

that sounds hilarious. Maybe someone could post it here.

Nahhh it’s probably not online and there’s no way to embed it in the page

bearnecessities

there’s no way to embed it in the page

Just use the urlnal.

kayak23

CraigW – Member
    A public toilets near me has a sign up saying “These are sinks, the urinals are around the corner”

Awful. Surely they mean basins…
    😉

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i pissed in the sink at a cosmo restaurant once.

the sink was a low porcelain trough in a room that the cubicles led off i thought it was odd for a urinal. in my (rubbish) defence there were no taps- jets of water out of the wall to wash your hands under. it was a communal toilets but there was no one in there when i walked in……. mid flow a cubicle door opened and a beautiful woman looked at me in horror

i couldn’t stop i was mid flow

mortified doesn’t even come close 😳

pondo
    Free Member

Cost him nearly £30! Of taxpayer money too!

yes, that kind of thing is directly chargeable to the taxpayer.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

My mate pissed in one of those stainless steel big round communal sinks once, apparently

He was in Brighton in a bar at the time, just thought it was what went on in the south.

barkm
    Free Member

No it’s your job as a decent adult human being.

Drac

Hey! Everyone point and laugh at the stupid kid.

Nice.

TheDTs
    Free Member

One of the lads in my daughters reception class did a “Tom Tit” in the urinal in the first week of school. 😯
    Poor kid.

unovolo
    Free Member

Some of the spam email I get is more amusing than the op’s.
    Moving on.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Best email I have received all day’ is closed to new replies.