Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best earphones to block out the turbo trainer
  • ourmaninthenorth

As above. I already have some Shure E2C, but since they cost me a reaonable amount, I’m disinclined to use them when exercising.

So, what cheap earphones do you recommend that will block out the sound of the turboi without deafening me at the same time? To be used with a (to be bought) ipod shuffle.

Thanks

OMITN

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

sony ear canal ones, about £20

i use them for the Gym

https://www.sonystyle.co.uk/SonyStyle/Headphones/In-Ear/MDREX35LPB.AE

ourmaninthenorth

Ace. Thanks.

CountZero

Up til recently, I used either Sennheiser CX300 or a pair of custom fit Etymotic ER6i. The CX300’s are pretty good for the price, but I recently spotted some in HMV which were almost identical for five quid. Gotta be worth a punt, and you don’t weep if a wire gets ripped off. Now got a pair of Ultimate Ears from earphonesolutions.com, and those start at around $25, so could be worth checking out as well, they’re seriously good.

jezyeti
    Free Member

I would try a set of Koss sparkplug or plug in ear phones, pretty cheap (below 20 on the net) and not too bad sound, use them in the gym and find them really good.

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers chaps – yep, looking for something “plug in” (i.e. ear canal jobs).

molgrips
    Free Member

I got some cheap noise cancelling ones which are surprisingly effective. Ear covering ones tho so might be sweaty on the turbo.

benkitcher
    Free Member

Creative Labs £6.99

I use these in gym and on the bike. Stay in well, decent sound and 7 quid from amazon. I keep meaning to buy more for the office and spares for the bike.

ourmaninthenorth

molgrips – yep, trying to avoid that.

ben – cheers. I’ll check those. If I can get to town at lunchtime, I’ll see what there is for cheap. Don’t need to sound ace – I’m listening to MP3s after all – but do need to stay in and reduce some of the turbo noise.

oomidamon

+ 1 on the Koss Sparkplugs – they stay put and block out the ‘music’ that the gym plays.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best earphones to block out the turbo trainer’ is closed to new replies.