Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best deal on Hope Hoops? Gunsmoke Pro 2s on Crest rims…
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

My friend wants to buy a pair of Hope Hoops – the Pro 2/Evo hubs on Crest rims and would like the gunsmoke hubs rather than the standard black. Does anyone know of the cheapest place for these at the moment please?

Thanks!

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Anyone able to help?

boxelder

I believe only certain dealers (techshops) can change the colour of hubs etc on Hoops.
    You could phone Biketreks in Ambleside and ask – Tel: 015394 31245.
    I doubt you’ll get them much below list price.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks. Yeah, when I bought mine (about a year ago) Rutland Cycles did them with coloured hubs for no extra charge, but now places only seem to do them with black hubs unless you choose a ‘custom build’ which is about £100 more than the standard Hope Hoops set…

woodchip46
    Free Member

Moonglu will do them. People say good things about their service too. They fit the stans yellow tape for free aswell I think. Think 18bikes will do them too, again always have positive comments on service. Was looking at both these shops aswell as others (stif cycles, Evans) when I recently bought my hope hoops. Went for Evans in the end because they had 15% discount at the time, they didn’t offer any colour options though, just black. Also think merlin will do them too, again good service.

fandango
    Free Member

I bought my (red hubbed) hoops from 18 bikes. They offer free Stans tubeless kit and, if pre-ordered, a discount. Great chaps to deal with.

18bikes

Hi, as mentioned – we can help!

We stock flows and crests on black hubs, wheels can be ordered up (pairs only) on coloured hubs, no extra charge.

We’re including free stans tape, valves and sealant – along with fitting those bits if wanted. Pro 2 EVO Hoops are £10 off at the mo, along with all these freebies.

CLICK ME!

Here’s our silly timelapse video of tape/valve fitting

[video]http://youtu.be/6Kgo8G_AhZI[/video]

18bikes

Video!

Hope usually get custom ordered wheels to us in a couple of days, so no big wait either.

jonba
    Free Member

As above, only certain places can get you custom ones. I’d be suprised if you got much off the rrp.

If you are less fussy about the colour than the price then progressive bikes had some cheap online.

stayhigh

I’d love to get a set of blue Pro II hubs with Crests but the cost is a real sticker for me at £320 😥

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best deal on Hope Hoops? Gunsmoke Pro 2s on Crest rims…’ is closed to new replies.