Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best Dark Peak route when time is short?
  • Garry_Lager

What’s your go to ride in the Peak when you’re a bit pressed for time, say you’ve got 2 hours at your disposal?

Something that mashes the best trails possible into a good workout.

Kinder circuit using chapel gate ascent must be a comfy 2 hr ride, sure there are better suggestions though.

mrodgers
    Free Member

You’d have to be going seriously fast to manage the kinder circuit in 2 hours, it’s not very far in distance but there’s a lot of climbing, most of it steep and technical. Something near Ladybower might be better, taking in the Hagg farm and Lockerbrook downhills, and possibly up to whinstone lee tor if there’s time.

twang
    Free Member

Fairholmes up to Lockerbrook, down Hagg, up bastard climb to Win hill, down Beast, pootle along road to Rowlee farm up, across, down Lockerbrook/Gores back to Fairholmes.

Kinder circuit using chapel gate ascent must be a comfy 2 hr ride, sure there are better suggestions though.

3hr would be quick! Feels like a 2hr climb up from Coldwell clough 😕

Garry_Lager

Is the K circuit that long? Thought that Chapel gate would chop a decent section off (mam tor stuff), and Im not talking about going over Birch vale way. Ages since I’ve actually done the complete loop though.

richpips
    Free Member

Hayfield Jacobs Edale Chapel Gate in <2hrs is good going especially with weekend traffic.

hopevalley

I live in the hope valley and usual summer after work (and kids in bed) loop is Hope, Hope cross, straight on down blackley to A57, up Lockerook, down gores farm to ladybower, right and down road then up the cheeky fire road climb to top of gores, down hagg and either up and over hope cross or back round via the track on ladybower via thornhill trail. Usually a steady 2 to 2.5 hrs depending on conditions…

hora
    Free Member

Twangs idea is spot on IMO

jools182
    Free Member

Hayfield to Edale loop took me 4 hours!

Guess I need to ride more

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best Dark Peak route when time is short?’ is closed to new replies.