Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best Dales rides for when it's been raining?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I'm up north a couple of times over the coming fortnight and hope to get out for a ride or two.

Usually I follow routes from the VG South Dales book, but it'd be useful to get advice on routes that won't be too boggy after the recent rains.

Based in north Leeds when up there, so anything within about an hour or so of there, not necessarily the Dales I suppose.

Thanks in advance.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

There are some good routes on here – http://www.mtbsharp.co.uk/

My local loop which is this one, but cut out the sharphaw bit and head straight to Rylstone on the road. http://www.mtbsharp.co.uk/routes/dales/malham/skipton_loop/skipton_loop.html

Give me a shout if you want any help with routes or feel free to join us on a run out.

chakaping
    Free Member

That's nice thanks Wharfedale. When do you ride?

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Either of the days at the weekend (depending on kids etc) then during the week it's either on a Tuesday or Thursday night.

Where abouts are you based during your time up north?

chakaping
    Free Member

Cool, will check my availability and come back to this thread. I have to fit in some family commitments too. Based near Adel in Leeds.

I did a loop around the Bolton Abbey area a while back actually, the figure of eight one out of the VG guide. Half of it was really good and half was really sodden and hard going IIRC – which was why I was asking about all weather routes really.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hi again, would Sat, Dec 12 be any good? Looks like that's the only weekend date I'll be free to ride.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Yeah 12th is good for me, will drop you an email.

Anyone else fancy a run out around the Skipton/dales area?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The northern part of Nidderdale usually holds up pretty well.

RicB

Pately bridge to scar house and round in a clockwise loop will be rideable. Pately is just over an hour from nth Leeds

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best Dales rides for when it's been raining?’ is closed to new replies.