Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best Csstle to visit in Snowdonia region?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Hi Folks,

…apparently she is big on castles,… so which one to go to to impress her with my somewhat limited knowledge of draw-bridges and buttresses?

makkag
    Free Member
    chorlton
    Free Member

Harlech’s nice. Beuamaris on Anglesey as well. Or how about Caernarfon castle?

toby1

^ what he said, preferably the day after you’ve been up Snowdon, and you have to climb every tower!

Stainypants

Really enjoyed caernarfon castle, the royal welch fusiliers museum which we only went into because it was raining is excellent and free once your in the castle.

iolo
    Free Member

Dolwyddelan. An actual welsh castle and not built by people who just wanted the welsh dead.

johnnystorm

Dolwyddelan. An actual welsh castle and not built by people who just wanted the welsh dead.

*Ding* the rest are English castles designed by a Frenchman.

There’s also this that’s in spitting distance of Llanberis High Street so you can visit it after riding Snowdon. 😀

http://www.llanberis.com/dolbad.html

*Don’t drive to it, I knackered my Triumph Spitfire’s universal joints bumping down the drive while at Uni. They could’ve fixed the drive by know of course! 😉

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

wrong forum and mistyping …hey it’s Friday, thanks for the replies.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

+1 for Beaumaris and Conwy is nice, you can walk most of the walls and wander down by the river (smallest house in Britain is also there too)

Harry_the_Spider

Caernarfon, Beaumaris or Conwy. You can’t go wrong with any of them. Criccieth is nice too if you like a romantic ruin.

Ruthin is a bit shit though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best Csstle to visit in Snowdonia region?’ is closed to new replies.