Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best credit card for rewards?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

**I’m not willy waving before you start**

Had a yearly statement from our cc provider yesterday and to be fair we were both shocked at how much we’d spent over the year.
    All spent on tesco cc which we used to get some good days out on but the offers seemed to have dropped off of late.
    We do use it to buy everything from a single pint of milk to booking flights for holidays.
    Just wondered if anyone was getting any decent rewards on other cards?

grum
    Free Member

American Express rewards seemed great (if you could find enough places that would take it). I sacked mine off in th end.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That was my first thought with the Amex one hence asking on here.

jota180
    Free Member

Depends what your biggest spend is

I go through about £400/month in fuel so the Santander 123 card seems to be the best for that but they all have different biases
    There’s an online thing somewhere that looks at your spending and gives you the best options

paladin

Tesco : double up vouchers for Evans vouchers.

blaggers
    Free Member

I have a Barclaycard cashback dual card account. The cards are linked to the same account – get 1% cashback on the Amex, and 0.5% cashback on the visa one (which I use when Amex isn’t accepted which is quite often)

Tracey

Over the years it would Have to be Tescos for us. Use the card for every thing and then pay it off every month. Was even beter when you could get 4 for 1 on deals.

Sandwich

If you go with Amex be aware small businesses may not accept it. Either because their terminal is not authorised or they don’t like the excessive transaction fee ( circa 5% for merchants).

Mintyjim

I’m with you Wrightyson, in my new job I don’t have a corporate card so all my expenses and personal stuff go through my credit card. £35k last year!!! I nearly filled my pants!
    We had moved house so there were some bigish house related stuff, £400/month on fuel too.

I use a tesco CC because of the boost deals and Evans vouchers.

I might be able to get a better deal with Amex but it’s not accepted everywhere, I live in the sticks and Tesco is my closest garage and shop.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Looks like it’s stay with tesco then.

scotroutes

+1

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best credit card for rewards?’ is closed to new replies.