Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Best courier to use for sending a bike to Republic of Ireland?
  • hopefiendboy

Anyone any recommendations for couriers to send a bike from the UK to the Republic of Ireland? For the lads’ christmas present….;-)

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Cost wise: prepare to bend over and take it I’m afraid. Unless you know anyone in the North and you could have it collected from there (parcelforce it to NI is same price as rest of the uk). That’s what I tend to do anyway.

Where abouts does it need to go?

#Edit: this looks good pricewise. Never used them mind – or even heard of them.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UP-30KG-PARCEL-DELIVERY-COURIER-REPUBLIC-IRELAND-ONLY-15-99-/140646436199?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20bf2e4d67#ht_4367wt_1048

Hadge
    Free Member

I second what couldas says. It’s amazingly expensive to send a bike to the Republic and if there’s anyway you could have it delivered to a destination in the North then take that option.

takisawa2

I sent my Inbred frame to Ireland, was £18. About £25 I reckon, but insure it to the hilt & its probably cheaper to buy it a plane ticket.

bland

Parcel 2 go will get you a price, i dont think there is a best TBH, parcelfarce are notoriously bad but they all tend to have a weak link.

Ideally go with someone who operates in both countries and doesnt use a 3rd part to do the deliver as thats where it starte going wrong IME. Id prob use DHL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Best courier to use for sending a bike to Republic of Ireland?’ is closed to new replies.