Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Best chain lube to use?
  • Zoolander
    Free Member

Back on squirt lube now til winter.

badbob
    Free Member

after ride, clean chain using swarfega patio cleaner! spray on, rinse off, and wipe dry

i then spray 3-in-1 PTFE Spray Oil ( big tin £4) on chain, and wipe a bit, the day before a ride, it sort of drys out

and repeat! takes 5 min end of every ride

badbob
    Free Member

gt85 or wd 40 will work fine BUT need to have a clean drive train, or it will just wear it out

schnor
    Free Member

I ordered some bits and bobs from bike discount a while back and picked up some of this.

I’m really impressed – although thin, its cheap, lasts ages, great in the mud, and makes the chain dead easy to clean when you need to. Better IMO than finish line / muc-off / fenwicks.

[edit]

if you look further down you can get some ‘Suspension fork deodorant’ 😯

honourablegeorge

Be wary of Rock & Roll or anything similar if you have an MRP chain guide.

That wee orange leaflet they put in the packaging warning off solvent based lubes – they do mena it.

smiffy

Sawchain oil for me. good enough for my Stihl!

instanthit
    Free Member

LBS have some Pure eco lubes and stuff in for a trial, anyone used it, any good? Thinking about doing my bit for the environment.

thejesmonddingo

I’ve started using Muc-off C3 ceramic,seems quite clean and water resistant and easy to apply,but bl**dy expensive.

joolsburger
    Free Member

WD40 is not a lube but GT85 is.

I use GT 85 and it seems fine. It does wash off in crap weather but it’s cheap enough to reapply every ride and light enough that it wont hold dirt. It’s only a chain after all.

Squirt was alright too but expensive.

I’ve used lots of different ones over the years and the only one I’d never use again is Finish Line wet as it turns my chain into an oily mess.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Best chain lube to use?’ is closed to new replies.