Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Best brownbacks course ever??????
  • neil853
    Free Member

I thought the course today was particually good, challenging for everybody. But what do you the race contingent think?

We even kept the rain off for you all! Rain dance must have worked last night 😉

taka
    Free Member

the lee quarry one?

retrorick

[the lee quarry one? ]

Yep thats the one! Taka you did some marshalling if I remember correctly!?

I've sorted through the 500 photos i took. If any one who took part wants to find out what they looked like in the heat of the race email me with your race number and i'll see what pics i might have of you.

retrorick100 at yahoo dot co dot uk

Rick.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Took some piccies today.
    Just uploading them to flickr.
    Will post them as soon as.

Great morning…great people!! 8)

MrFC though the course was fab…challenging but fun!

Junkyard
    Free Member

well done as usual and thanks for letting the STW group ride go through

FoxyChick
    Free Member

So…there was an event on and you chickened out?
    You big bunch of jessies!! 8)

retrorick

Some of the STW group help us set up the course, so thanks to them we all could race. Next time they can ride 5 laps before heading off for a few more hours. 😉

retrorick

And thanks to the rest of the marshalls also! I hope you all had a good time?

retrorick

Junkyard
    Free Member

Next time they can ride 5 laps before heading off for a few more hours.

i doubt it we barely managed any at the end (27 ish total)and some did none

jo_h
    Free Member

Course was great – nice and techy but plenty of places to let the whippet racers past! (First event though so nothing to compare it to!)

Marshalls should get a special mention – they were really encouraging and friendly. Thanks for all who donated their time/effort organising and running the event.

DWH
    Free Member

That's the first time I've been to Lee Quarry and I really enjoyed it. Well organised and a good atmosphere. I particularly enjoyed the rider briefing: "Be nice", and in all fairness – everyone was.

Thank you organisers and marshals.

retrorick

jo_h what number were you? I may have some photos.
    my email earlier in topic somewhere!

jo_h
    Free Member

Thanks Rick – 32 for me and 33 for Tom – I pressed send on an e-mail just after you posted that!!! Cheers, Jo

xherbivorex
    Free Member

aye, yet another hugely successful brownbacks race day. people always say thanks to the marshalls, and i think i speak for us all when i say it's nice to hear this, but seriously we need to say thanks to all the racers for making our job so easy by just being generally ace. it's great to be involved with an event where everyone just has a great time, there's no attitudes and regardless of how tough it may be or how challenging the weather may make it (thankfully it didn't today though!), so many people just have huge smiles on their faces throughout.
    great day.

and cheers for the slice of chocolate cake johnnie (i stuck around for a few hours after the race and pretended to be in the STW ride a bit!)

retrorick

Jo H incoming pics to your email, i hope!

taka
    Free Member

yeh i was marshaling at the top of the little pump thingies where the course split andat the top of that steep little gully thing

neil853
    Free Member

xherbivorex YGM

xherbivorex
    Free Member

replied.

Vortexracing

how did the knee hold up Jo?

and well done to you and Tom. He won by a country mile I was told.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

another pleasant days marshaling here too.
    started off near the bottom (at the join between the climb from the start and where the lap turned back to the finish) then moved up to just past the finish line to the first split on the course.

Lots of friendly riders, thanks to those who stopped for a natter as they retired with punctures or mechanicals.

jo_h
    Free Member

Knee not too bad thanks, felt a bit weak up the climbs and I was feeling very unfit for the first hour, but a bit of ice and its all back to normal size now cheers.
    Night riding Weds?

Vortexracing

Look at you, out a couple of times and now there is no stopping you.

yip Wednesday, light will be order of the day I think. Rivvy?

got an e mail back from Mike at Switchbacks about the Spain trip, i'll mail it to you at work tomorrow.

so what is he going to spend his winnings on?

more bling?

retrorick

More race photos can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58234245@N00/

I've plenty of most riders, email me (email earlier in topic)your race number and i'll see what i have.

Rick.

retrorick

Anyone want any race pics? email me your race no' and i'll see what i've got.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Best brownbacks course ever??????’ is closed to new replies.