Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Best Broadband/TV Packages out there right now?
  • mboy
    Free Member

GF and I just moved in together… Finally some might say! Anyway…

The good news… She’s brought her rather nice Samsung 1080HD Smart TV with her. I have a Mac Mini lying about spare which I’m going to put a Fusion Drive in with tonnes of storage, and use it as a media centre. Woohoo, can’t wait!

Anyway… Currently got EE Fibre Broadband package, regularly get 32-36meg download speed, and it’s unlimited usage too. Been very happy with it. Have made do with a crappy old Sky Box plugged into an old TV for years though, just to use it to get a few free digital channels on my ancient TV. I am keen to improve this situation somewhat.

Had thought about just using Freeview on her Smart TV, but we’d need a new Aerial on the house, and my mate who owns the house we rent looked into that ages ago, and it was gonna cost bucks… So… Thinking about changing to a Broadband/TV package…

Don’t need tonnes of channels, but wouldn’t mind Eurosport and a few others you don’t get for free. We can’t get Virgin Media where we are, and I’m keen to keep my download speeds and unlimited usage on the internet. I know I could just sign up to Sky TV and keep the intenet seperate say, but does it make financial sense to get everything from one company?

Spent a couple of hours researching this last night, but I’m still none the wiser FWIW! 😕

McHamish
    Free Member

I’m currently with BT, but have only been with them for about 6 weeks.

Currently not happy as the free BT Sport package I selected is now £5 per month, or I can extend my 12 month contract by another 8 months to continue getting it for free.

It’s because they’ve signed Champions League – I might not mind if I watched football.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Best Broadband/TV Packages out there right now?’ is closed to new replies.