Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best brake discs – much to choose, or shall I get the cheapest?
  • nedrapier

Or the nicest looking?

Getting brakes that come without rotors. There’s a fair choice out there, but does the disc make much difference to the performance?

Heard the ashimas being takled about, but there doesn’t seem to much material there! Stopping sacrificed for lightness?

Cheers!

toys19
    Free Member

I often consider those ashima, but have seen some interesting pics of them folded up, never seen any other disc do that, and they seem to be less available now..

I use the superstar vibe design 8.99 for a 160mm or 12.99 for a 203, they have been utterly faultless. http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=200

In fact due to my recent bike slim down I have a pair of lightly used 160’s you can have for a tenner posted.

I also have a set of the latest avid HS1 discs (clicky) a 180 and a 160 with 180 adaptor brand new still in packet from merlin, they came with my elixir 5 brakes and I’m using the 203 superstar discs so these are surplus. £40 posted the pair or £21 posted each.

nedrapier

Cheers toys, I’ll take the superstars off your hands!

email in profile, could you send me details of how you want paid?

Thanks,

Ed

retro83
    Free Member

I’m using SuperStar vibes. Contrary to their name, there is no vibration from them, unlike other cheapies. I’m going to get a second set for wifeys bike.

nedrapier

Ha! I’m doing the opposite. Getting them for wifey’s and then mine if they’re any good!

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Yup, Superstar are good-lots of styles to choose from.

toys19
    Free Member

nedrapier yhm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best brake discs – much to choose, or shall I get the cheapest?’ is closed to new replies.