Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best bike/bike stuff weighing device
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Any ideas….preferably able to be hung from maintenance stand

njee20
    Free Member

A Topeak Prepstand Pro with integrated Scales? It’s what I’ve got, seems good, had it years. Clamp’s not amazing on the workstand, but I’ve been spoiled by workshop Park ones that are about 4 times the price!

firestarter
    Free Member

Imagination less 3 pounds seems to be the norm on here 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Stand on the bathroom scales, then stand on the bathroom scales with the bike, one number minus the other = bike weight. For anything smaller/more accurate get some digital kitchen scales.

zero-cool
    Free Member

I have some cheap luggage scales from Asda. I’ve taken them to the shop and tested them with all the standard weights we use for testing the shop scales and they were surprisingly accurate (I figured for a couple of quid they’d be well out). Ryan Air and BA also agree and the nice man who comes around to check our ‘weights and measures’ said he was shocked that something so cheap was accurate.

So whatever you buy and use make sure you test them with some objects that you know the weight of to see how accurate they are as it’s possible even expensive scales could be wrong or need recalibrating.

Tom KP

mikewsmith
    Free Member

name your weight 🙂 cheaper

DanW
    Free Member

For a serious answer… Feedback Sports hanging scale. Weightweenie scale of choice.

But, yes, the most common “scale” is to pick a number you like and take off 2 lbs then post up on STW 😀

dunmail
    Free Member

+1 to what zeroc cool says but make sure you use test weights around the range that your bike weighs or better still use a range of known test weights.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best bike/bike stuff weighing device’ is closed to new replies.