Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best bib shorts for £50
  • karnali
    Free Member

What do people recommend mainly for road riding anything up to 4 hour rides

dknwhy
    lunge

Decathlon 700 or aerofit. Awesome shorts, fit well, have done me for 250 miles. Treat yourself.

munkster
    Free Member

Two pairs of these?

DHB Bib Shorts

Work for me!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Another vote for the DHB bibs here.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Decathlon 700 or earofit as other have said are superb and last really well.

edhornby

All depends on if the pad fits you, but the merlin own brand ones for £30 seem pretty good, decent lycra and good pad

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Merlin?

tang
    Free Member
    big_n_daft
    Free Member

evans had some posh specialized on sale in store, first ride indicates they are nice

mattsccm
    Free Member

I have had a couple of pairs of Pearl Izumi ones from Tredz. Currently 30 quid from 50. Been fine for 100 milers.

StuE
    Free Member

I got a pair of these http://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/624197
    and wore them for the first time today and they are very good

drovercycles
    Free Member

Lots of Mavic, Sportful, Santini bibs c. £70-£100 RRP currently 50% off on our sale rail… if anyone wants to let me know size I can say exactly what we’ve got.

richwak
    Free Member

Drover cycles- any mavic’s in size large?
    richwak@yahoo.co.uk

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Short answer – Lusso ProGel (£50 and made in the UK).

I’ve got various lycra bibshorts, made by Assos, Endura, DHB, Impsport etc..and although they’re all comfy, each creates its own problem if I do a really long ride, for example, chafing in a certain place.

The one pair of shorts that I can rely on for long rides are these from Lusso:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/lusso-progel-bibshorts-ss16/rp-prod130485

As an example of how well they fit me, I did all of Mayhem (18 laps) wearing them. I find the padding is very generous around the ‘seat bones’ and nicely cut down in the middle section, as opposed to the bulk you get with Assos shorts.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Madison Sportive Race. Am genuinely surprised at how good they are.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best bib shorts for £50’ is closed to new replies.