Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Best bar lights for around £100?
  • kermit
    Free Member

Evening all,

I’ve got a couple of Exposure Diablos which I really like as helmet lights, but I find the beam to be a bit narrower than I’d like for a bar light.

Much as I like Exposure lights, I can’t really justify the cost of their big bar lights, especially after my wife’s concerted efforts to bankrupt us over Christmas, so was wondering if anyone could recommend anything for around £100 which is a cut above the eBay Chinese stuff in terms of manufacturing quality?

Riding will be typical Surrey Hills type stuff for up to a couple of hours at a time before the pub beckons…

welshfarmer

If you can find the Gemini Duo on discount then I can thoroughly recommend it. By far the nicest beam pattern (if you can call it that) of any light in our riding group. And quality head unit and battery alike.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Gloworm X2 – eBay quick before they all go.

BigJohn

I’ve got a budget of £70 for a bar light (inc. battery & charger) for my son.

I’ve come down to 2, both from suppliers I’ve used before and trust.
    There’s MTB Batteries V2 XML Light from Smudge and Torchy’s BK7even.

I’m coming down on the side of Torchy (not just because it’s a penny cheaper). What does anybody else who’s seen these in action think?

grahamt1980

The one on eBay is the same guy as runs crgmoto. Just have a search on here as to what that means

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Ironic really, that he’s having a stock clearance now with all the history over the last year. Took 6 weeks to get mine from him a year ago, took money, no communication. Warranty issue, no communication. Fortunately Ison are the new importers and awesome. Great lights, good price, but read up as above.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I think the Fenix BC30 for the neutral light rather than the white/blue light of most lights.

BigJohn

Any Smudge or Torchy experiences?

grahamt1980

Smudge is great. i bought a lumenator and a v2 from him. Top service and damn good price

BigJohn

How would you rate the V2 as a bar light, Graham in conjunction with a Chinese helmet torch?

z1ppy

Smudge is a great guys to deal with, would always recommend him, that said there’s lots of regular recommendations for Torchy too, so really it sounds like you can’t go wrong buying from either really

matt_outandabout

We have Torchy lights here, and a load for bike club.

They are well built, are lasting well, no complaints.

grahamt1980

V2 is a cracking light. Much better than some of the Chinese torches. Probably similar to the helmet lights. But you won’t have to send back to China if it goes funny

marc
    Free Member

BigJohn, I’ve been running the Torchy BK7even for a couple of months. I’ve nothing to compare them with (unless you count old school lumi’s) but they’re really good. Decent run time, good and bright and good service from Torchy himself.

hammyuk
    Free Member

You stated that before graham and then never backed it up.
    Considering that sellers history there is no sign of anything linking him to CRG.

As an aside – CRG did stop trading due to serious illness last year
    The nastiness of the thread on here was one of the reasons the guy walked away from orders – why on earth would he want to deal with some of the voices ripping him apart?

Before you ask – no, I don’t know him personally – but I do know one of his suppliers very well. A supplier that helped support him through his illness rather than shit all over him like many here felt they had a right to.

Sometimes this place stinks… You all come out offering sympathy, condolences, “I’ve been there”, etc until the shoe is on the other foot.

F*(*&^^^% hypocrites.

johnnystorm

I’m not Magnum PI but the eBay seller of gloworm stuff has the username Neninja.

pipiom
    Free Member

Lumenator from smudge for me. I got lumenator and the headlamp duo at a great price…..actually had a fault in the lumenator (after nearly 2 years) and Smudge sorted it for nothing.

Great lights, great price, fantastic after service

Defo MTB for me

grahamt1980

Exactly as johnnystorm says. And the location matches.
    For what it’s worth i actually bought some gloworms from crg moto and got a good service.
    However given that and that particular thread i think the evidence for being cautious is very clear. Please don’t start swearing and accusing people when they give advise to others on here. That’s why it is a community here and sorry but history from that thread has shown stay clear.

In addition….. No link? Look at the other items for sale from that seller

downhilldave

Another vote for Torchy’s BK7 even,and it’s superb for the money. Comes with a bar mounted quick release. Very good run time, two and a half hours on full is no problem. Only negative is the six cell battery is a little heavy. But it’s lighter than the Hope R8 which was also in the running. Good value for money and VERY bright, I have it paired with a Solastorm X2 on the helmet.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Best bar lights for around £100?’ is closed to new replies.