Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best Android (tablet) browser for this forum…
  • markgraylish
    Free Member

Im getting increasingly frustrated with the browsing experience of this here worlds favourite mountain bike forum.

Ive tried the stock (Lenovo) and Dolphin browsers on my tablet but neiter have vertical scroll bars so trying to find the correct spot on screen to scroll thru the postings is a hit or miss affair.

There are far far far too many adverts dotted around the screen so Im forever being taken to the Amazon website

Any suggestions for a cleaner, more pleasant viewing experience or do I just give up? What browsers are you using?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Try chrome especially if you use it on a computer. Works well and integrates fantastically with other google services.

kayak23

I use dolphin on a nexus 7, it wins hands down on bookmarks access with a simple side swipe, have you tried double tapping the text you want you read? It resizes and zooms in, then obviously you just scroll down. You need to work on your vertical swipe… 🙂

Personally, I’m forever reading the blinking terms and conditions on this site as there is no handy button at the bottom of the thread to take you back to the overview/section and the nearest thing is ‘forum overview’ at the bottom, right next to T&C’s… Annoying.

There are quite a lot of browsers out there. I’ve tried loads of them as I find that in full screen mode, quite often if I tap to write in a text box in dolphin, the keyboard pops up and obscures the text box so you have no idea what you’re writing. Normal screen solves it though, but anyway, I don’t recall any having actual scroll bars I’m afraid..

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Opera Mini

clubber
    Free Member

+1 opera mini. it’s particularly good for forums because it caches pages meaning you don’t have to reload everytime you open a thread then go back to the main list.

it has scroll bars and also fast scroll for long threads.

cp

I’d your tablet is android 4 or later, then try chrome.

Then get a premier account to lose the ads 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

I generally like dolphin but this forum is a bit quirky and opera seems to handle it the best.

ads678

Press the ‘skip to top’ button then go to overview.

slackalice
    Free Member

I’d your tablet is android 4 or later, then try chrome.

Then get a premier account to lose the ads

This

Or find a real world problem to direct your energy towards 🙂

smokey_jo

Opera mini here too, logged in, no ads, picture quality set to low – speedy 🙂

kayak23

Press the ‘skip to top’ button then go to overview

When you’re zoomed in to the text, skip to top is a country mile of swiping over to the right… Forum overview is nearer/in line but closer to T&C’s….

[Firstworldproblem]Why oh why can’t they just make a button[/first world problem]

aphex_2k
    Free Member

“Boat” is pretty decent. A little faster than Chrome.

Firefox is pretty good too and plenty of add-ons.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Search for Maxthon. There is a tablet specific HD version . I’ve found it handles a lot of scripts which other browsers fail at.

acidchunks

Opera Mobile for Android.

Does a fantastic job of re-flowing text if you need to zoom in/out

clubber
    Free Member

opera mobile is good but doesnt do the caching that mini does.

clubber
    Free Member

trekstar
    Free Member

Use a different forum. Plenty of others out there – http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/forums and http://www.moredirt.co.uk/forum to name a just a few

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best Android (tablet) browser for this forum…’ is closed to new replies.