Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • best android apps for following gpx routes while offline?
  • jekkyl

free is prefable. I’m thinking of rooting an old android and using it purely as a music player and mapping whilst touring. We will be covering some areas where there might not be any mobile data signal. I have maverick which is pretty good it seems but if anyone else has any better suggestions. Also, which network gets the best signal, Voda still? as I’ll get a payg sim for it and attach it to the stem.
    many thanks, Ta ta.

oliverracing

I used to use orux maps combined with some osm maps I downloaded for the whole of Europe, worked great and didn’t use too much battery (now use a garmin 800)

allthepies
    Free Member

oruxmaps is pretty good. The interface is a bit quirky but doesn’t take long to get used to.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Locus gets my vote, better interface than orux.

Spend £5 and get the pro version, worth the money imo

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

backcountry navigator cost £6.99 one off fee and uses OS maps down to 1:25000. You download onto your phone the areas you want when off line (obviously the best way to do this is beforehand on wifi at home or internet caf, but can be done by mobile data). if you’ve got plenty of memory on your phone, then you’ve no issues. You can download and overlay gpx files and/or record your own routes. There’s a free 3 week trial app, so you can try before you buy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘best android apps for following gpx routes while offline?’ is closed to new replies.