Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Best Android app for offline OS maps?
  • johnnystorm

Backcountry Navigator. The one off payment will let you have locally stored maps of the entire UK at 1:25 & 1:50 and the equivalent for just about anywhere in the world. Give free trial a go. You get full functionality for 30 days.

Recent updates have included Android Wear compatibility :mrgreen:

tomd
    Free Member

Need to give that Backcountry Navigator a shot. I have been using ViewRanger with the full UK OS maps at 1:50k for the last couple of years. It was about £60 for the whole of the UK and I use it a lot on multiple devices so has been good value, but not prepared to pay more to get the 1:25k which are expensive.

The ViewRanger app is really good and works reliably. The route planning stuff on their website is also useful.

thorlz
    Free Member

I use back Country Navigator and have just come across the problem highlighted above due to Bing buying multimap.

Any new / previously not downloaded area I can now only view in multimap street. The OS maps seem to be no longer available.
    I may have to try View Ranger unless I am being stupid and missing the obvious.
    Has anyone else found this problem / could someone please try a new area on their devices and check for me.

Cheers

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yep same issue on mine, However, I thought Bing bought multimap years ago, also OS maps to 1:25k are still showing on Bing/Multimap webite. don’t know the issue at the moment, I guess time will tell. You can switch to OSM (HikeBikeMap.org) in the mean time which is useable but not ideal.

thepodge
    Free Member

I have MM Tracker installed but not had a proper play with it as yet.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I took advantage of a recent sale by Anquet and bought a bundle of maps for the whole of the UK, as I use Anquet on the PC and think it is one of the better ones for managing multiple routes.

So I have 1:50k and 1:25k HD OS maps, the OS GB Overview maps, the OS Road maps and the OS Street view maps for the whole of the UK on my phone and PC.

Takes up nearly 57Gb on the phone !

thorlz
    Free Member

Cheers B.A.Nana, nice to know it wasn’t just operator error (me).

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Best Android app for offline OS maps?’ is closed to new replies.