Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best and Worst Purchase
  • Fred
    Free Member

What's your best and worst mtb purchase, mine are the same – Specialized Armadillo mtb tyres.

Good – not had a puncture in 2 years.

Bad – terrible in mud (I live in East Yorkshire, we have the sticky clay to slurry stuff,) plus the front tyre feels like it will wash out when cornering.

zaskar
    Free Member

Worst: Alien multitool-looked great but fiddly with all the gadgets and can't put much force on it.

Best: £3 Tesco allen key (cro vandium) set for bikes-it's been great.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Best – Asda mini pump. £7 brand new. Lasted 4 years ish.

Worst – Topeak mini pump. **** bobbins.

zaskar
    Free Member

I used to love my Topeak mini pump-it was tiny and sneaked into a saddle pack easily and it pumped up my road tyres to 110 psi in 2 mins!

Good workout lol.

trail_rat
    Free Member

best – hmm stans 355 rims

worst – anything by sealskinz

Northwind

Best- my Carrera Kraken, £200 well spent on a cheap bike which was just good enough to get me back into mountain biking after about 10 years off. Still a handy source of spares too.

Worst… Not sure really. Possibly my 717/XT wheelset, there's nothing wrong with them at all but after about 2 months I replaced them with a set of Traversees and now they're sitting around doing nothing, so not a good use of money. But I buy very carefully so I've not yet had a single buy which turned out to be pure rubbish.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

worst – 3 sets of egg beaters. why oh why…

best – time pedals which i had before, and then after egg beaters.
    close contenders for best inc rohloff and topeak mountain morph (i think) pump.

titusrider
    Free Member

Best: gore bikewear alp-X jacket, suddenly really allows you to ride in comfort in all weathers and stashes down real small

Worst: probly very early easton carbon risers, £100 and i got so scared of the creaking cracking sort of noises they made the got taken off in two weeks

avdave2

Best decision was going for a Rohloff worst decision was to go for Thorn Catalyst rather than the Enduro as I thought I'd do my commuting on the road. Now I've ditched the rack, guards and rigid forks and commute off road. The bike is good but having recently upgraded to disc brakes at the front I wish I could do the same at the back.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Best;
    Recent – Rubber Queen 2.4s
    Past – Original Crud Catcher (Still going strong!)

Worst;
    Recent – The Eskar tyres that came with the Enduro. Utter pish.
    Past – Profile Durango bar extensions. WTF was I thinking?

antigee

best – montane h20 jacket – packs up so you always take it and does the biz for a couple of hours one bit of kit that if i lost would replace with out thinking about

worst – [lamb to the slaughter] camelbaks – can't do with all that cleaning no i've never lost a water bottle [/lamb to the slaughter]

Crag
    Free Member

Best – Marzocchi Marathon S forks, 5 1/2 years abuse and one oil change. Best fork I've ever owned (and I've tried one or two).

Worst – Avid Juicy 5's. Lasted 2 weeks before I sold on. Pads wore out in a couple of rides and crap wooden feel. And who designs a brake that makes changing brake pads such a hassle?

sax_widby
    Free Member

best – my 122 spd shoes
    worst – fsa dh cranks. 3pc without good instructions and i'm too tight to pay someone to install them

pitduck
    Free Member

best,time atac [every day since y2k] :D,worst rockshox phylos needed new rebound cartridge every 12 seconds. 😡

lyons
    Free Member

best – trek fuel ex 9 (2007 model) and 661 evo pads.

worst – iron horse mark 3 and specialized lock on grips made of cheese.

Hadge
    Free Member

Best – Hope 4 LED light

Worst – Rock Shox World Cup Reba's – pile of poo, good job I got them very cheap.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best and Worst Purchase’ is closed to new replies.