Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best Alps resorts for Lift assisted XC
  • ichabod
    Free Member

My and my GF are heading off for a month in Europe with the bikes next week and are trying to plan our route and work out where to focus our holiday..

We only have XC bikes – a Trek Fuel 120mm with 150mm forks and a Marin Mount Vision 125mm so not really suitable for bombing downhill tracks with loads of braking bumps etc.

What are the best resorts for varied flowing lift assisted singletrack? Sounds like Morzine and Les Gets are fairly dowhill orientated and busy. has anyone visited the resorts further south such as Pra Loupe.. it sound like they may also benefit from being a bit more sunny!

How about the Pyrenees? How do the resorts there compare to the Alps?

Many thanks
    Dan

Wozza
    Free Member

I’m no riding god but I have a Fuel EX with 130mm forks and had a great time at Les Arcs last month, just watch out for the drainage ditches!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

La Thuile
    The lower forested stuff below Alpe D’Huez
    Bardoneccia
    Sauze D’Oulx

There is loads you can do by catching a bus to a high-point and riding back to the valley, all over the Alps. I rode a great trail from near Col D’Izoard to Chateau Queyras last week.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

La Thuile and the Tartainese valley

ichabod
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips folks – had not considered going to Lake Garda but now very tempted as it looks great for kitesurfing too!

wallop

Base yourself in Les Arcs and you can do day trips to La Thuile, La Rosiere and Tignes from there. The riding in Les Arcs is awesome.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best Alps resorts for Lift assisted XC’ is closed to new replies.