• This topic has 22 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ahsf.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Best all mountain trails in Morzine
  • anderslund78
    Free Member

I am going to the Portes de soleil event this year and will have some days in Morzine and Les Gets afterwards. What are the best trails in that area? I am looking for some epic technical descents and singletracks. I will bring my new Intense Tracer 2 and would like to take on some of the best trails while being there.

Please share your experiences 🙂

Cheers

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

sorry not much help here but i’m really interested in others replies. taking my “AM” bike as well as my DH bike this year and want to know what to ride. something away from the normal signed dh runs

legend
    Free Member

there are LOADS of unmarked DH runs on the Pleney, Chavannes and Super Morzine to get started with. However, they are VERY DH rather than AM.

How technical do you want to go?

Blower
    Free Member

some nice cheeky stuff on super morzine side 😀

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Head over to Pre la Joux loads of DH runs to keep you entertained for days, plus a variety of grades from super fun quick blues to crazy make you feel sick blacks and reds. Les Gets and hte Mont Chery side is fun, is the Les Gets bike park still over there?
    Loads of stuff jsut get a map even the well worn ‘on piste’ stuff is ace.

anderslund78
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

I am definitely more AM than DH. Steep switchbacks, lots of descending smaller jumps, technical singeltrack – the kind of riding the Tracer 2 with its 160mm is designed for is what I am looking for.

I have done things like the whole enchillada in Moab and been to the bike parks in Mammoth and have some experience with this but normally ride XC here in Denmark.

bella
    Free Member

Col de cou and the arete de berroi is a great day. Best done by heading over to the swiss side first and then up to the col de cou. Then retrace your steps for the first couple of hundred meters of the climb and take the track onto the arete on the left (as you descend)

It`s a big day and you have to not be scared of pedaling but worth it.

Ambrose

Bella- do you mean to the right?

Arete du Berroi

Kates Big Day Out.

Edge of the World.

All have had me walking bits. One I will never do again, way out of my League!

Loads of fun blues and reds dropping into Les Linderets

anderslund78
    Free Member

Thanx yall 🙂

greasystain
    Free Member

+10 Col de cou

anderslund78
    Free Member

Col de cou looks really nice 🙂

Ambrose

It is awesome, and it is just the start to Arete Du Berrio. Bear in mind as you climb up the Col that the ‘hut’ visible at the top is a huge 2 floored observatory. The first time I climbed up I was using the hut to judge the scale of things, thinking it was maybe 3 metres high. It isn’t!

anderslund78
    Free Member

How long does it take to climb up the Col?

Ambrose

I rode and carried for about 45 mins. Well worth every step.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Under the influences of EPO .. not long 😉

anderslund78
    Free Member

That sounds great – will bring lots of EPO 🙂

greasystain
    Free Member

EPO?

bella
    Free Member

Cheers Ambrose. That would be a right!

andytherocketeer

grrr @ all the flowmtb vids “blocked by WMG music in your country due to copyright”
    oh well.

the Col de coux one linked above worked though – liking the switchbacks near the end.

oink
    Free Member

get the lift to the top of les mossettes and follow the GR5 – great trail, just watch out for the cows

jhw
    Free Member

Col de Cou, also the descent into Samoens if you can get a ride back over the Joux Plane or don’t mind a 2h30 climb

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

which videos are blocked andy? being in France they’re not for me 🙂 I’ll change the music – which ones?

ahsf
    Free Member

Col de Cou is a defo for me too, after the ridge ride you drop to the road/small carpark take the yellow footpath on the right the one which say no bikes it will be ok just be thoughtfull of walkers this best way down(single track)Ps there is a fresh water fountian near the col so you can fill up

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Best all mountain trails in Morzine’ is closed to new replies.