Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best 30mm press fit bb for Sram x0 cranks?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

For the first time in 15 years of cycling I’ve returned to my bike and my cranks couldn’t barely spin. The drive side bearing was jammed so tight it wouldn’t rotate at all. I tried freeing it with a lot of air / gt85 / rubber shaft but not joy to move it past a few mm of rocking… all the bearings look free so not sure whats happened.

Can I simply replace the single bearing in the driveside in a pressfit 30mm shell or is it a whole new BB jobbie?

Whats the best bearings or size? Or who makes the best BB’s now!

Thanks

BoardinBob

In my experience the SRAM pressfit BBs are absolute crap. I was getting 3 months out them. Bearings are not replaceable from what I could tell.

I ditched the SRAM cranks and went for a Praxis BB and XT cranks.

Hope options available if you want to keep the cranks. Should last way longer than the SRAM crap and bearings are replaceable. Bigger upfront outlay but makes longer terms sense.

alexxx
    Free Member

God those praxis bb’s are much cheaper! hmm got me thinking now! thanks for the info

happybiker
    Free Member

Praxis is working for me.

jclowes
    Free Member

I’ve been running the Hope 30mm BB for some time now, it’s the one where you just get two cups as I have a 92mm BB (agh!!!). Really can’t fault it, easy to install and still going smooth after some nice wet lakes riding

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I replaced a LOT of these when working at Halfords as the Boardman bikes use them.

Either a praxis conversion, or the ceramic BB30 are about the only long term solutions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best 30mm press fit bb for Sram x0 cranks?’ is closed to new replies.