Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best 140mm fork for an aggressive hardtail.
  • SOAP
    Free Member

It’s for a Stanton Switchback and need to be 650b and non boost.
    Running Lyriks with the luftkappe fitted on my enduro steed and they are ace.
    What are people using on your hardtails ?

qwerty
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/rockshox-pike-rct3-solo-air-forks-15mm-2016/rp-prod161418

Either have the 160mm air shaft cut down or buy a 140mm one. I’m currently resisting this price, so far…

ajantom

Marzocchi 350 CR, with travel reduced to 140mm. I’ve been running them on first a full sus, and now a hardtail for 2 1/2 years.

Bombproof, very stiff, plush, and relatively simple to maintain and fettle. Great forks 😀

nickfrog
    Free Member

I bought some almost new Yaris for almost £250 here and at that price they’re hard to beat.

Can the frame take 160mm ? I have come to realise that the amount of travel is actually quite important and makes a difference through more air volume and the ability for the initial travel to be quite soft without bottoming out.

Scamper
    Free Member

Actually run 160mm Yari on my Switchback with RMP ramp control fitted and plenty of sag

superstu
    Free Member

Those x fusion sweeps that are £250 new from bike discount

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

MRP Stage. Really capable forks with proper service intervals, and a doddle to set up with the ramp control.. I’ve got a brand new set of 2016 ones in a box if you’re after.

poah
    Free Member

Pike with luftkappe on my hornet

bruneep

BOS 160mm on my switch back, did put Lyriks 160mm on when BOS were away for TLC.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Ran 350NCR’s for a while on my Switchback; nicely made and looked good but I struggled with set up; either dead plush but bottomed out too easily or not enough sensitivity and better bottom out resistance on jumps etc.

Switched to some Yari’s with a Luftkappe and have been really happy so far and I typically hate RS forks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best 140mm fork for an aggressive hardtail.’ is closed to new replies.