Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best 100mm Enduro fork for Scottish weather………..
  • Alek
    Free Member

Time to buy a new fork for my Soda (I'm 10kg) Been using a Reba WC which was faultless.

Not sure when I'll be able to afford one as 2010 prices seem extortionate so may need to keep an eye on the sales (whenever that may be!)

DTSwiss/Pace/Fox – seals/maintenance issues – they scare me when you introduce wet or muddy conditions.

Zocchi – Heavy but used to be super reliable (bombers etc)

Magura – Durin a possibility

Rockshox – SID's a possibility

Comments appreciated as I've only ever dealt with Rockshox. Max weight 1500g (existing Reba WC's inc poploc 1620g so looking for lighter this time around)
    Maybe I'm being harsh on DTSwiss/Pace! They are light though!

trail_rat
    Free Member

well ive twisted my sids – and you know how little riding ive done this year alek

marks twisted his sids

Neils twisted his sids and mikeys twisted his sids …. all 09….

mines currently away on warrenty and marks have been done under warrenty ….

service your rebas and keep em ! (imho)

MS
    Free Member

Neily got his back on warranty.

Mine seem fine now, and tahts after 15 laps of relentless. Hopefully the problem wont re occur!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gordymac
    Free Member

According to Keith Bontrager Strong-Light-Cheap- Pick any two. And so far in my 20 years of mountain biking he has been right!

If 2010 rockshox are extortionate what does that make Dt swiss?

Gordymac 😉

Swayndo
    Free Member

What's with this ultralight obsession anyway Ek? You said the Reba was faultless so stick with it … it's a **** light fork …

… and while I'm at it, what's with all this extra cash to burn anyway? You dealing drugs or something?

G'night … I'm getting grumpy.

Alek
    Free Member

Had a funny feeling SID's had issues with our 'trails'……..

Only reason I sold the Reba WC's was the carbon steerer and the fact that I could never really get it to 'sit' properly.

Gordy….happy to pick strong-light-expensive, but my question is which one? as it seems there's a few on the market which meet the criteria only to be let down by our weather conditions/seals/heavy maintenance. So I'm looking for the 'best' fork for the racing I do.

Swayndo……get back in yer box son. Hope the sleep helped, cause you were no help on this forum chum!

Swayndo
    Free Member

Carbon steerer … yer joking, right!

Here's my tip … go for a 2006 Marzocchi Marathon or a Maverick SC32

trail_rat
    Free Member

alek – just had word from fishers today – they have upgraded my race to a team damper – so ill have blackbox damping in my forks now 😀

Alek
    Free Member

Aye……..tis a good suggestion.

Been keeping an eye out for a good specimen 😀

Don't like the silver arch ones though (yes, i'm a tart)

Alek
    Free Member

You lucky Trail-Rat 😀

shortcut

good, cheap, strong – lots of bargain 2009 rebas to be had. try on one or CRC for £260 dual air forks.

Alek
    Free Member

Was impressed by the Reba WC's I must say. Sold them to a mate who got the fork to sit far better than I ever did on the headset with no play at all, so a Reba would be on the 'possibility' list. I am a tart though and would only take one as good as the one I just sold…..so WC's all the way 😉

The Durin looks impressive and some can be had for my budget. Any reviews worth reading?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Get Sids. Then we can be fork buddies 😉

Alek
    Free Member

After hearing about the 'service' received by Trail_rat it won't be a bad idea and if things go all pear shaped (relentless-esque) after the 'puffer' I might even land as lucky as Terry and get black box damping replacments 8)

Jammy……..

Not that I'm even thinking of the 'puffer' yet!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best 100mm Enduro fork for Scottish weather………..’ is closed to new replies.