Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Bespoked Bike show – This weekend.
  • tang
    Free Member

We are back in Bristol this year! Phil & Tessa have been working hard on curating a feast of custom goodness. As well as the main show, at Brunel’s old station, there is a free show at the Arnolfini with the constructors challenge, photographic exhibit and bike related goods. Saturday night has an after party at Mud dock, which should be fun.

I will be there working again and its my 40th on the Saturday. Had to have a bike made! It will be on show at the Ted James Design stand. Collaboration with him, Dyson’s painter and saddleback elite products(my race sponsors). Lovecrossed cx bike!

See you there!

http://www.bespoked.cc

fionap

Managed to start the same thread a few minutes later…why is there no delete tool?

Anyway, bikes!

Who’s going and what will you be looking out for?

Worth an ask – does anyone (trade folk) have a pair of tickets going spare/cheap? Will swap for coffee/beer/cake… If not will buy on the door, assuming it won’t sell out.

brakes
    Free Member

come back to London please.

tang
    Free Member

Brakes – hop on the train! It’s a about a minutes walk from the station entrance at Temple Meads. Nice day out!

rOcKeTdOg

Hmm, I thought it had out grown Brunel’s, one of the reasons I’m not going this year is that it just gets too crowded to actually get close to the exhibits/builders. It was much better in London apart from the being in London bit

Stoner
    Free Member

two venues this year RD.

And a very welcome return to the right side of the country too!

Cant wait. I shall be bringing my lucky charm…

tang
    Free Member

One of the reasons related goods are at a separate venue. Loads of people complained London was not as good as Bristol!

tang
    Free Member

Irish charm Stoner?

Stoner
    Free Member

that’ll be the one.

thepodge
    Free Member

Really wanted to be there to have a look at the Olsen belt drive stuff but it’s just far too expensive getting there

How about Sheffield, Manchester or leeds next year. Mix it up a bit

clubby

I’m well excited and I’m not even going. But I will finally get my bike after it comes off the Saffron stand.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We enjoyed the London one, brilliant venue, kids riding around the track, beautiful bikes in the middle. Win…win.

Shan’t be going to Bristol, but like the idea of it travelling around the country.

iain1775
    Free Member

I’m going on the Saturday, driving down from Midlands
    Glad it’s back in Bristol. London is a PITA to get to and around for anyone not from London or within easy travel distance

bigblackshed

Maybe Sunday. I’ll have to see how I feel with my bad back and if my mate can get the new comfy works van.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I’m going on Friday – can’t wait – first time visitor from the NW and really looking forward to it. Got my train tickets booked yonks ago so they’re not too painfully expensive, but still a bit of a dear do.

rOcKeTdOg

two venues this year RD.

Only one with bikes though iirc

shaggy

I’ll be there exhibiting under the Automatic Cycles name. Come and say hi. I’m quite looking forward to it now, but it’s been hard work for the last few weeks.

RD if you turn up you can probably pretend you are me and have forgotten your pass 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

RD if you turn up you can probably pretend you are me and have forgotten your pass

Im bringing a razor…

shaggy

Imagine how long it would take to get rid of the collective facial hair. Perhaps bring a hedge trimmer.

tang
    Free Member

Have you been burning the midnight oil shaggy? Looking forward to seeing your green machine if you’re bringing it!

shaggy

Just a bit, damn this having a full time job as well:-) The green one will be there. It is certainly worse for wear, but it’s been ridden pretty hard. I’ll have 3 bikes but only one will be new. I literally just finished it, baring the headtube badge, that hasn’t arrived yet.

Leku
    Free Member

Can’t wait.

Have tickets for Friday and will slack off work early.

tang
    Free Member

Nice one Shaggy, see you on Thursdsy! Just had a pic from the painter, looking good for Lovecrossed bike! Ted went for it at the weekend!

Moses

What an excellent show.
    Mainly road bikes I guess, but there is some wonderful craftmanship on display and some very quirky stuff.
    It’s the first time I’ve seen Gevenalle CX shifters – they are very nice. (On the Rowan stand, deservedly best in show, but there is hardly any dross to see)

Nipper99
    Free Member

Great day there today – always come away inspired but need more tattoos and facial hair and skinnier jeans. Had a mooch over to the Amalfi (?) venue as well, there was also some sort of morris dancing festival on which was also worth a watch.

brack
    Free Member

Crackin show as is the norm..

Stunning bikes ! Love the exposure it gives the start up businesses as well.

Have my favourites … Saffron, fagin, Shand etc but a couple of very exciting newbies that I might follow up with an order ..?

My little lad ( only 21 months ) loved it a bit too much though and bringing his woodland stick proved to be a very bad idea !

oldgit
    Free Member

Well im not happy about it. While my builder is down there, my bike ain’t getting built.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bespoked Bike show – This weekend.’ is closed to new replies.