Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • bert jansch
  • swiss01
    Free Member

died. was just recommending him to someone the other day. from everything i’ve heard he seemed like one of the good guys. shame.

camo16
    Free Member

Gutted.

Got into his music whilst learning folky finger-picking. That first album is amazing, particularly “Rambling’s Gonna Be the Death of Me” and “Needle of Death”. Think it was recorded in his house, too, on some rubbish four track.

Genius doesn’t need technology!

wwaswas

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkX7Q2J7k48[/video]

leffeboy

🙁
    First proper tune I tried to learn on the guitar
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOIt7fOgeFk[/video]

swiss01
    Free Member

hopefully someone in the bbc will unearth a bunch of footage of him and maybe davey graham while they’re at it

beanieripper
    Free Member

my god i cant believe that, the guy is a legend, not called the jimmy hendrix of folk for nothing, even his more recent output was completely awesome, nicola is one of my fave albums of all time. rip bert you will be sorely missed.

camo16
    Free Member

Angie is officially beautiful.

roper
    Free Member

hopefully someone in the bbc will unearth a bunch of footage of him and maybe davey graham while they’re at it

I agree. It’s been a pleasure listening to his music. Especially his guitar playing.

Raindog
    Free Member

Another legend gone, shame 😥

Nick

I was lucky to see him play at the Green Man in 2008 along with the full Pentangle band, wasn’t even aware of him/them until then, incredible.

Ed2001
    Free Member

What sad news. An incredible musician and lovely guy. RIP

simondbarnes

He was a true genius with a guitar. A very sad loss.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

😥 Loved Avocet when I was younger.

metalheart
    Free Member

Angie is officially beautiful.

Davey graham wasn’t too keen on it though (and it’s his tune).

Sad news though. I wish i had even 10% of his talent. His Bert & John album is my favourite. Guess I need to give it a spin in his memory.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Having a Jansch retrospective here, beautiful tunes, a sad loss.

CountZero

I’ll bet 6Music are all over it, but this is the first I’ve heard about it. Obviously nothing on the regular media, and I don’t have a DAB radio in the car. What a sad loss to music, the man was a huge influence on so many people. A talent who will be genuinely missed by those who really love music.

Nick

They mentioned him on R4’s PM show, I guess there might even be a bit on the news at 10.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I met and had supper him after a gig in Orkney. He will be sadly missed.

nedrapier

countzero: correct. been listening to Bert for the last hour or so on Gideon Coe’s show. Beautiful.

Listen again?

dekadanse
    Free Member

RIP
    C’mon Beeb,let’s have the sessions with Bert and Davey Graham – very talented pupil with the master (and now they’re both sadly dead.)

globalti
    Free Member

I first came across Pentangle when my older sister used to watch a TV programme called “Take Three Girls” and she told me Pentangle did the theme tune, Light Flight. She bought their record Basket of Light, which we played until it wore out and went all crackly.

metalheart
    Free Member

Been listening to Bert a lot the last couple of days. Man he was so goooood.

Www: thanks for that clip, just given me a project to try and work out a version.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘bert jansch’ is closed to new replies.