Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Berocca; does it work?
  • Kryton57

Is it any different to taking a multivitamin and – or does it really pep you up?

Any other advantage over a multi vitamin?

fenred
    Free Member

It’s very good for hangovers and it makes your wee go virtually the same colour as when the berocca went in 😯

It’s a mammoth dosage of vitamins, twice as powerful as a standard one, basically you’re just overdosing on vits, hence the wee thing…I gave up on it and just take a bog standard multi vit plus 1000mg of vit c a day and have normal wee now 😉

seadog101

I like it. Use it when I’m at work, and doing the shitty night shift. Helps me get up and going when I have to crawl out of bed mid afternoon, and drag myself into the gym for a session before turning to at 18:00.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I like it too. Whether it’s placebo or not it seems to do the trick. I use it on bike or boarding trips and for work when I may be feeling a little worse for ware.

dashed
    Free Member

I just like the bright weewee 8)

Pieface

Beetroot juice for the wee win

codybrennan
    Free Member

No.

piemonster

Yes

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Maybe.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

plus 1000mg of vit c a day and have normal wee now

Careful now, Vit C isn’t water soluble, so crystallizes out in your kidneys.

edhornby

there is no magic pill

healthy balanced diet, don’t smoke, drink a bit less booze, excercise and sleep properly

multivitamins should be recommended by someone who knows what you are eating and how hard you are working and how your body is responding, which applies for supported athletes

pacerc200
    Free Member

Wilko’s own brand multi vits are the same dosage for each vit but quarter the price. Taste is not as good but a tiny amount of lime juice works very well. You still get fancy coloured wee.

wallace1492
    Free Member

agree with ed, if you eat a healthy balanced diet, you do not need any extra vitamens. There was a test done where a sample took extra vitamens and others took a placebo, they had to stop the test as a higher number of the ones taking vitamens were having heart attacks and other issues.

Top athlete – probably required, regular biker – definately not.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Careful now, Vit C isn’t water soluble, so crystallizes out in your kidneys.

I call bollocks, sir! Before talking rubbish:

inform yourself!

However, in one long term study of people taking 3000mg/d (equivalent to 3 berrocca), there was increased incidence of kidney stones. This isn’t anything to do with the solubility of vit C though…..

bearnecessities

I went through a vitamin stage 10 years or so ago, and can recommend ginkgo biloba for turning your wee the most frightening colour and super stinky.

Kryton57

Well instead of rushing out to buy some, I’ve stuck to honey and lemon and a bit of Reflexology.

john_drummer
    Free Member

+1 for the balanced diet

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I go for the balanced diet too.

And a berocca every morning.

Tom-B
    Free Member

What deadlydarcy sez

wallop

I thought vitamin c was a water soluble vitamin, hence why the body doesn’t store it? A, C, E, K – I’ve got that wrong – who wants to confirm which are the water soluble vitamins?

Anyway, High 5 tablets trump berrocca when it comes to hangovers.

anagallis_arvensis

I take codiene for hangovers. Vitamins are for wimps.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s very good for hangovers

Hmm the fizz wasn’t…

Kryton57

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    I take codiene….

*suddenly it all becomes clear*

😉

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

It really helps with my Gout! Tesco own brand are a quarter the price though…

Weasel
    Free Member

I take a multivitamin plus a vit c & zinc tablet.

I’ve noticed a lot less colds & coldsores since I started this combo.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Berocca; does it work?’ is closed to new replies.