Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Berlusconi – gone today, yay or nay ?
  • cranberry
    Free Member

The guy seems to be, like him or not, a great survivor. Do you think that today will be his undoing ?

My heart says yay, my head that he might just get away with it one more time.

Napalm
    Free Member

He’s a survivor alright and they’d better make sure that they have something better lined up if he does go.

Remember, when you see a man at the top of a mountain, he didn’t fall there.

kimbers

nah hell clingon like a tenacious limpet,not content till hes brought italy to ruin

in other news
    i saw that cameron has given theresa may his full support after the immigration thing, just like he did to coulson, fox……….

roundwheels
    Free Member

if he is done for, i hope he throws one last party and am there :mrgreen:

ratswithwings
    Free Member

He’ll go and maybe in the near future we’ll see the splitting up of Italy between the poorer south and the richer north.

mcboo
    Free Member

Great businessman, total failure as a political leader. I remember in 1997 Italian collegues telling me to ignore all the showman nonsense, that underneath he was a serious guy, would be the man to sort out Italy. He just hasnt done it, the country is stuck with mollycoddled cliques and over-indulged unions, he never took the hard decisions (a la Thatcher) and backed down when vested interests started noising off.

Italian GDP growth has averaged 1% for the last 5yrs years but they are paying 6.6% to borrow v Germany at 1.8% and France at 3.1%.

This is where it gets really ugly……

emanuel
    Free Member

mcboo,he’s been a great business man (for himself)while being a politician.
    If you think being a business man is about bribes,organised crime,lying under oath,tax evasion,offshore accounts,nepotism.
    then yes,he’s been great,if your ethics boil down to homo homini lupo.

He’s been a proper thatcher to italy,high unemployment,rich geting richer,poor getting poorer.welfare state dismantled.
    just think,taxes like sweden,welfare state like the US.

emanuel
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4dgRZb2WHk
    sorry can’t link videos from this comp.
    gone tho.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

State, church and judiciary are kept separate in a modern democracy. Italy is a good example of why the media should join that list IMO.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Berlusconi – gone today, yay or nay ?’ is closed to new replies.