Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • berghaus vapour storm jacket, cheap!
  • dandasbike
    Free Member

just ordered the above jacket in med grey/green from the hut.com for £84.99 down from £230 just enter rain25 at the checkout. good review of this jacket on bikeradar

drlex
    Free Member

Size XL & XXL only now
    (But thanks for posting)

sa9000
    Free Member

Keep an eye on sport pursuit l had mine from there for a touch less. Good jacket too

just5minutes
    Free Member

what website? hut.com doesn’t seem to be a retailer..

dandasbike
    Free Member

@just5minuites its thehut.com

jsync

I have a medium for sale BNWT.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member
    jam1e
    Free Member

Thanks dandasbike, got one ordered.

Hope the XL is big enough – the guy in this video reckons they have a slim fit.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFDHmylL9IY[/video]

just5minutes
    Free Member

+1 thanks dandasbike … also now have one ordered

munrobiker
    Free Member

Blue and red would work out at £75.

Trekster

Got an outlet store @ Gretna which is handy for me 😆

core

There seems to be two options on thehut.com

One has a (B) in brackets, any ideas?

qtip

They now have the green/grey ones on Sportspursuit in L and XL for £115. Just bought mine 🙂

jonnym92

How do these fit? Tempted to order one but I’m usually a L so not sure on XL..

bennn
    Free Member

Tried a very similar jacket on in Go Outdoors yesterday. Berghaus size chart says I should be a L, XL fitted better.

Came home and ordered XL blue/Orange, was posted first thing this morning.. I’m excited!

jonnym92

Cool, will give it a go. Can always return I suppose.

Cheers for the heads up, been looking for a decent jacket for a while and love a bargain!

Stoner
    Free Member

Mine’s arrvived.

Am normally XL, so went with XL.

Cut is generous in the arm length (long enough for cycling reach stretch) and in shoulder area, giving very good free arm movement.

Bottom hem is 48″, not very baggy, but room enough, sits on your arse shelf, but not a long tail like a proper bike jacket, plenty of room around my 38″ waist, but again not baggy, but then wont be flappy on the bike.

Im a 46″ chest and while it’s not baggy, theres room to wear it over base layer and a THIN mid layer (like 1-200g fleece). I wouldnt want to layer it up with a down gilet or fat fleece for 4 season hiking use – not enough room

Semi-elasticated cuff is v comfortable, not too tight.

Whole thing is very nicely put together technical garment. Very light and packs to c.1 Litre. Unlined single layer goretex shell. Single breast pocket, no internal pockets. Has a tendency to bunch across the back of the shoulders a bit, but might be just stiffness as packet fresh, just needs a shake to reposition.
    Hood volume and position is just perfect (so often it’s not) with pull cord tightening if wanted.

Lots of manufacturing complexity to the slit vents which is probably why its RRP is so high. It’s not really “worth” £230, but it’s certainly worth more than the £75 I paid for the blue and orange one. More like a £180 jacket/rain shell really. You can see how it’s designed around “high effort” non bike sports, like running etc. I’m pleased with it and it will be my 3 season walking rain shell, layered with base merino and occasionally a thin mid layer as well as new riding jacket replacing my very tired retiring Altura.

qtip

Thanks for the feedback Stoner. Has reassured me that the Large I ordered should be the right size.

Stoner
    Free Member

just watched the video. Glad I managed to identify the important points then! 🙂

The hood does work well. I see how they designed it to do so now as well.

bennn
    Free Member

Got any pics of yours Stoner?

Mine’s in the hands of Yodel now (unfortunately), and I’m concerned the Blue/Orange is more of a Red than an Orange, if ya get me?

Ben.

Stoner
    Free Member

its orange. v orange. Nice and bright, works well with the bright blue too.

this pic from google search is the best representation on my monitor.

this one isnt. it’s too dark

dawson

tempted by this, but the lack of arse-covering at the back is putting me off

Stoner
    Free Member

If you check out this video at 2:40 and 3:40 you can see the arse fit. It doesnt have a long tail, but its not a short cut either.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idSDYJQAoOQ[/video]

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

welp I ordered an M but it turns out they have none left so I got an extra discount code from thehut, not that I can think of anything else to spend it on

bennn
    Free Member

Thanks Stoner, much appreciated.

Hopefully it’ll be delivered today 😆

core

XL Blue/Orange ordered, we shall see! If it fits it’ll be bargain for the money.

hora
    Free Member

If I hadn’t bought two Montanes (one pertex/one event) I’d have this in a flash. Seems a good deal.

core

Mine arrived today, went for an XL, I’m borderline L/XL, not sure on the fit to be honest, seems a little on the big/loose side, but don’t think a Large would be roomy enough…..

bennn
    Free Member

Tried mine on the bike on Monday, and although I did get a little sweaty, it was probably vastly too warm that day to be wearing it for too long zipped up anyway.

Impressed by it so far, I usually run veeery hot!

jonnym92

I like it, usually a L but I think the fit, although perhaps a touch big, will allow for some layers to be put underneath and also allows for stretch on the bike.
    Not had the weather to test it out yet.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘berghaus vapour storm jacket, cheap!’ is closed to new replies.