Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Benefit fraudster…. Do i report him?
  • hh45
    Free Member

report him. if not in breach nowt to fear but probably taking the mick.

duntstick
    Free Member

Glad I don't live in the Uk anymore jeez.

It's 1984 there 🙄

uponthedowns
    Free Member

There are approx 2.5 million unemployed in the UK today (because greedy money grabbing bankers fecked-up)

Utter tosh from Ernie again. Unemployment stayed at about 1.5M during 01 through to end 08. Since the financial crisis its risen to just under 2.5M. Therefore 1M could possibly be attributed to incompetent bankers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Peregrine
    Free Member

The guy being a tosser and working while claiming benefits are two different things. If he pisses you off by parking inconsiderately then talk to him. However his finances are his business not yours.

When the thieving c * * *s we have running this country start setting the correct example then perhaps we can start to deal with benefit fraudsters etc.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

"There are approx 2.5 million unemployed in the UK today"

It's acutally more than double that but Nu Labour have a canny way of massaging the truth!

Actually the figure of 2.46 million unemployed isn't a "Nu Labour" government figure. It is the figure as defined by the ILO. The ILO is a completely neutral Geneva based United Nations agency. It has absolutely no axe to grind, and it's definition of "unemployment" is internationally recognised in countries throughout the world.

I think you might be confusing with the claimant count for those on unemployment benefit – the preferred way of counting employment for Tory governments. That figure stands at 1.64 million.

Utter tosh from Ernie again. Unemployment stayed at about 1.5M during 01 through to end 08. Since the financial crisis its risen to just under 2.5M. Therefore 1M could possibly be attributed to incompetent bankers.

And ? So what ? ……..unemployment stands at approximately 2.5 million precisely because the bankers fecked-up – you yourself openly admit that unemployment would be one million less, if it wasn't for incompetent bankers **** up ……. *rolls eyes*

And yes, the higher the level of unemployment, the harder it is to find a job.

BTW : "Utter tosh from Ernie again"……… you need to relax and not get so excited mate …….I think you might be attaching more importance to my posts than they deserve.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Kill Him !

mikertroid
    Free Member

Ernie, sorry to burst your bubble but that figure is wrong.

Clearly the figure differs depending on which criteria one uses, but "unemployed" in the true sense is approx 6mill.

As a nation we're in the sh1t!

Funkydunc: you're spot on!!

Swalsey
    Free Member

Shop him.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie, sorry to burst your bubble but that figure is wrong.

Please yourself…………you can believe whatever you want to believe.

I myself though, choose to believe the completely neutral Geneva based United Nations agency – not some geezer on the internet who talks about "Nu Labour"

ILO-defined unemployment in July to September was 2.46 million (7.9%) – up by 30,000 unemployed on April-June and 629,000 from this time last year.

Junkyard
    Free Member

here is there e-mail addy
    ilo@ilo.org
    Drop them a line I am sure they are interested in your statistical approach to this issue. Let us know if they change the way they calcualte unemployment based on your research.

legend76
    Free Member

suck his eyes out…
    no maybe just shop him if he's doing nowt wrong then whats the bother.

mrchrispy

shop him, it he can afford to buy and sell cars then he can afford to loose the state handouts

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

IIRC, selling more than 5 cars are year makes him a trader & means he has to be registered, insured, etc. His customers would also have a whole heap of rights should anything be wrong with the cars they bought too…

Coyote
    Free Member

"Resting between roles" as I currently am, I have a certain amount of sympathy for someone trying to earn a few stealth pounds and I do think that the tax avoidance tactics of the super-rich is costing the country more money than someone supplementing their benefits. However there is a line. If this guy is running a thriving ebay business then he may well have crossed it. If he *is* disabled, how is he managing to lug chainsaws etc. around.

It's your conscience, listen to it and act accordingly.

lyons
    Free Member

blackmail him for 10 percennt of hid profots… or just shop him.

rkk01
    Free Member

carbon337 – Don't take any notice of all the posters on here…

Do what you're comfortable with, not what the lynch mob suggests.

mudmonster
    Free Member

It's a drop in the ocean compared to what bankers and politicians are getting away with.

GreenRoom
    Free Member

Hey just to bring some facts into this emotional debate, if he is on incapacity benefit he is allowed to work 16 hours a week and earn up to £96. Thems the rules.

Cheers

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…just to bring some facts into this emotional debate

Facts ? ………on a thread which begins with : "I believe he is on benefits according to neighbours" ? 😯

I would find it highly amusing if 'the guy living opposite with the bad walk' was to be tipped off by his neighbours that the OP was claiming benefits, and he then made a phone call to the authorities to grass him up 🙂

I have to say that the idea of providing the means by which people can inform on their fellow citizens to the authorities, really was a master stroke by the government. It creates a climate of suspicion in which the unemployed are perceived as being lazy and dishonest, and very conveniently indeed, removes the finger of blame from pointing at those who are actually responsible for the mess.

convert

Off on a slight tangent – one of the most eye opening conversations I've had was with a bunch of para athletes I was working with. Their opinion regarding people they knew with similar problems to themselves that sat at home on benefits (or fellow athletes that claimed and chose to train rather than work) make you lot seem like liberal lefties!

Claiming benefits aside, I bet there are a few here that buy and sell for profit through ebay that should be admitting it on a tax return…

duckman

Could someone please total up the shop him/don't shop him tally please? How much of your temptation to shop him is based on the fact he has cars on bricks on public land?

BermBandit
    Free Member

Interesting how many of the posters on this forum suddenly become supportive of fiddling shits like this. I absolutely guarantee that if this thread started with I injured myself riding so while I was off work found that I could claim benefits, live in a council house and make a living of selling tut on ebay, and have therefore quit my job, I would get villified.

Its a simple situation.
    1) Twunts like this, who pay no insurance, business rates, tax etc etc, undercut genuine businesses who run legitimately.
    2) Twunts like this who claim for what they are not entitled to, give genuine benefit claimants a bad name, and that leads to really shitty stuff when genuine hard working people lose their jobs and have to sign on.
    3) Through avoidance of tax you and I have to pay more. Last time I looked it was estimated that the black economy accounted for a vast percentage of the trade done in the UK, and if it were properly accountable and therefore taxed the average rate of income tax would drop like a stone.
    4) If benefit fraud were overcome people who genuinely need it could be better cared for.

So all in all why would you not want to shop the twunt? I menan what possible reason could there be for not?? Presumably, along the lines of "you should never be a grass?" So where does that stop and why? Paedophilia OK? Drug dealing at the local school acceptable? Rape perhaps?

Call the anonymous phone number, make the complaint. If he's innocent then nothing will happen, and if hes not then thats one less thieving arsehole on the streets. For what its worth, do the same if you see a cabinent minster driving whilst on their mobile, or a banker being a cock.

and breathe…..

grumm
    Free Member

I absolutely guarantee that if this thread started with I injured myself riding so while I was off work found that I could claim benefits, live in a council house and make a living of selling tut on ebay, and have therefore quit my job, I would get villified.

What about if you posted a thread asking about the best way to avoid paying import duty? Or how best to fiddle the cycle to work scheme?

Oh but that's ok because that's nice middle class fraud isn't it. 🙄

BigJohn

Before you do anything make sure its not Kaesae. He fits the description. You really wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Paedophilia OK? Drug dealing at the local school acceptable? Rape perhaps?

Yeah I made that connection with selling a car and paedophilia and rape too.

……..I'm surprised no else appears to have done so.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Fleecing the system on a one off purchase/ import is one thing. Fleecing the system every single day as a lifestyle choice is another thing altogether.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Fleecing the system on a one off purchase/ import is one thing.

Once you start making excuses like that, you end up excusing paedophilia, rape, and drug dealing at the local school.

jahwomble
    Free Member

Two things here:-

A: He may be legitimate,he may well be paying tax,insurance etc, he may not be. Report him and let the DWP sort it out, if he's koshe no problem. The DWP will know better than the neighbour's hearsay what he's claiming, if anything.

B: I'm technically severely disabled,get disability living allowance(which I'm entitled to whether working or not as it isn't means tested), however I can lift a chainsaw(legitimately and legally) and work for my self from home now, and worked for a mental health charity till recently (pay tax,and everything) as that's easier than trying to get a nine to five with a disability as most employers, unless they can see your second head or wheelchair assume you are just blagging them with a disability, or accept you have a disability and won't touch you with a s****y stick.

Having said all that, I shopped somebody recently, who told me he was claiming benefits and working and making a fair bit of money doing it.

Sandwich

If he is truly disabled then the meagre benefits are not so meagre. My nearly blind brother in-law reports that he gets more money now than he did working two jobs. (He has about 30% vision in one eye only, happened overnight. He went to sleep seeing and was blind in the morning).
    So shop him as he's taking the mickey.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Many people on benefits readily admit its not worth them working as they would never earn as much, so there is a culture that has arisen due to the benfits available. This has and is open to abuse, so the more benefit cheats that are shopped the better, same goes for all the illegals out there sucking the life out of our country. If this guy is that enterprizing by earn a few extra bucks (good be hundreds a week) then he should go legit. So if you have sympathy then SHUT UP you liberal ****.

the-muffin-man

**** me – I'm getting into the High Horse business – looks like its a booming market!!!

I will of course continue to claim me benefits!

Junkyard
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

Fleecing the system on a one off purchase/ import is one thing.

Once you start making excuses like that, you end up excusing paedophilia, rape, and drug dealing at the local school.

[

soops
    Free Member

YES!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Report him you will never know the full circs and he may look disable but who knows the truth. if it's all genuine it won't take them long to get to the bottom of it and he can be none the wiser it was you.

westkipper
    Free Member

I'm a postman on a fairly run down council estate, and in the course of my day, see a lot people I suspect of a certain amount of fiddling.
    However I always follow the ancient Mongolian proverb: Dinnie sh*te on yir ain doorstep, Yak hunt.
    Sorry, its actually a Leith/ Muirhoose proverb..

Smee
    Free Member

Leave him alone. Whats the difference between what he's doing and what the bankers are doing – i know which is less galling to me and which on costs us less money.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Dinnie sh*te on yir ain doorstep

he wont be just his fiddling Neighbors.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Junkyard ….. never mind the face in the palm – you need to pay more attention mate.

If you did, you might learn a thing or two from reading Berm Bandit's posts ….. I know I certainly have.

As he quite rightly points out, if you go along the lines of "you should never be a grass" and the next thing you're saying is that paedophilia is OK, drug dealing at the local school is acceptable, and perhaps even rape.

You want to listen to what the guy says, he knows what he's talking about – he probably reads the Daily Mail, or some other such, well informed newspaper.

He has certainly put me right on a thing or two ………. I can tell you.

allthepies
    Free Member

>Whats the difference between what he's doing and what the bankers are doing

The claimant is breaking the law ?

😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Anyway – I found his account on ebay selling all sorts including vans, cars, fishing equipment, power tools etc
    Shop him.
    You nosey t*at.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Benefit fraudster…. Do i report him?’ is closed to new replies.