Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ben Lomond, is it worth the push
  • beefy

Hello, I am going up north to see the outlaws soon and fancy a bit of adventure in the shape of riding (down!) ben lomond, or a similar southern munro. Anyone done it? I have done mountains before, so know what I will be getting myself into.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I reckon so. Watch out for how busy it is on sunny weekends though. There might be a bit of snow on it at the moment too so be prepared. Like you say though, you know what you're getting yourself into.

I reckon it's a good descent and that it's worth the push up.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

It's a great descent and well worth the push. It's never that busy this time of year so you'll get a clear run top to bottom.

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

I third it! Even if you don't fancy the push up the whole thing, you can ride it as a nice loop onto it's shoulder and down, starting from the landrover track through Blairvockie Farm.

jobbyheid
    Free Member

I think so too, we usually go a little later in the day so there's less people on the hill..

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

That was a good day.

AlasdairMc

I walked it the Sunday before last – no snow yet.

Al

beefy

Ok, y'all got me interested now. Anyone fancy meeting up to ride it? Got a few mates I am trying to coerce into riding it, but would be cool to make it a mini forum ride.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I reckon I may be up for it, any ideas on dates?

beefy

Hi nobeerinthefridge, I am up this week, email me on radresser at google mail dot com. Ta

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sorry Beefy, canny make it this week, thought you meant a wee bit more notice. Enjoy anyway.

grumm
    Free Member

I'm well up for this at some point – not this week though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ben Lomond, is it worth the push’ is closed to new replies.