Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Belstaff Jacket?
  • letmetalktomark

Worth the money or over priced fashion?

Thinking wax jacket not leather.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I have one, got it in tkmax, it was a bargain its 100% waterproof and despite being unlined it's warm. oh and it makes me look like someone from the baader meinhof! 😀

bassspine
    Free Member

the old belstaffs were the mutts for motorcycling. I had a 'diver's suit' made of oiled tarpaulin from Belstaff, it used to be good for about 4o miles of torrential rain before it started to leak in the groinal zone.

Stoner
    Free Member

Nutt: No. It makes you look like Chris "coldplay" Martin 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh jesus no, chris martin? thats it! its in the fire!!

Stoner
    Free Member

do you get knob Gwynnie though?

MrNutt
    Free Member

actually I think she does come with the jacket 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I had Belstaffs before Barbours. Same idea really. Still good though.

andycs

i had a trailmaster for about 15 years then threw it in bin cos it was knackerd that was about 10 years ago wish id sent it for repair and reproofing now!

andycs

worth every penny

CountZero

They don't do the Trialmaster anymore, but if you can find one, even if it's a bit shabby, they can be easily reproofed, and like Barbours, looked after they'll last decades. My dad's old Trialmaster suit is hidden away somewhere, and that's around fifty years old. Really must make an effort to find it…
    I've got a Barbour Stockman, which is wonderful when it rains as much as it has over recent months. Trouble with Belstaff is they've become very 'trendy', so the utilitarian qualities have been sadly lost.

Northwind

IIRC the Belstaff brand was sold about 5, 6 years ago which was when they abruptly stopped making good stuff, and became a pure fashion brand. Shame, I've got an ancient Belstaff cordura motorbike jacket which is pretty much the best bit of kit I've ever bought.

chameleon78
    Free Member

They do make the trialmaster, I bought one in the sales in 2007 from Aspecto for under £200, they are still available although they are nearer £400 nowadays.

Trialmaster

Belstaff website

Barbour International is a good alternative and liking the Union Jack detail.
    Barbour International, Union Jack

nickb

I bought a Trialmaster earlier this year – and I love it! Weighs a ton, but warm and waterproof!

It's worth knowing that there appears to be two version of the jacket – a 'fashion' version and a 'function' version! The 'fashion' version, as sold in the Belstaff shop, costs about £450. The 'function' version, as sold in motorbike shops, costs about £380, and has the added benefit of a zip-out thermal lining and zip-out shoulder and elbow protection. I bought mine here:
    Grand Prix Legends
    but you can get them in many motorcycle shops that stock Belstaff – there's one in Fulham if you're local!

Cheers,
    Nick

EDIT… and this Grand Prix legends email just popped in to my inbox – save a tenner:

Welcome to our latest Deal of the Day, where if you spend £80, we'll give you a tenner back!* Simple as that.

All you have to do to activate this offer is add £80 or more worth of in-stock or available merchandise to your basket, and enter the code TENNER into the offer code box, and we'll reduce your basket total by £10. What you do with that tenner is up to you!

Don't forget, for UK Christmas despatch, we must receive your order by 1pm on Tuesday 22nd December 2009.

Click here to visit our site and start shopping now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Belstaff Jacket?’ is closed to new replies.