Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bell for a nice roadie/commuter that doesn't rattle
  • DT78
    Free Member

As per title, want a bell for my commuter, needs to be nice looking, quite like the retro ones I’ve seen, but, I don’t want it to make noise unless I want it to. Ones I’ve use in the past used to rattle about.

Any recommendations?

chudsy
    Free Member

King of ding 2? Got one that replaced the first king of ding after the spring broke. The sprung lever is many, many times better.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Got a crane bell for the wife for Christmas. Very loud “ting” and no rattling.

DT78
    Free Member

Good suggestions. have you used the stem spacer fit versions? Looks quite neat and keeps the bars less cluttered. Work okay?

riddoch

Too slow, I was going to suggest king of ding 2 or Spurcycle. The PDW is good value compared to the spur cycle too. I have the bar mount one and it does look quite clunky on the bars, the stem mount is certainly neater”

steelfan
    Free Member

+1 for the spurcycle bell.

househusband

Brass Japanese Soma Suzu bell; mine all from eBay – very clear and loud, look lovely when polished! Ebay item 321671870767.

akira

Pashley ding dong bell is pretty good and ticks the retro box.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Interested in this thread as I need a bell. Which ones are best for oversize road bars?

jamcorse

I use Cateye ones on all 3 mountain bikes, too many people around here. They are great and never missed a ding

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

+2 Spurcycle

hypnotoad
    Free Member

The BBB one is good.

scaredypants

I have a stem spacer bell – it’s fine

but

occasionally worried me that I might catch a knee on it (came close when standy-up climbing), so ended up mounting above the stem facing forwards – which looks a bit odd

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bell for a nice roadie/commuter that doesn't rattle’ is closed to new replies.