Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Belgium…
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Been going there pretty much every year for the last 35 years, mostly for motocross GPs. Love it and would happily live there. If i was stuck between France and Germany, i’d keep my head down as well as they’ve done enough shouting for the last few centuries.

Frites, mayo, chocolate, waffles, beer, moustaches, mullets, mad drivers, motorway road signs right at the junction rather than giving you a bit of warning, cyclocross, domination of european motocross, debatable scaffolding, surprising number of attractive town squares and buildings considering the last few hundred years of war action in the area, beer for breakfast :?, just down the road from Luxembourg city which is lovely to, cyclists and mx’ers winning the sports personality of the year pretty much every year (Everts, Boonen, Smets).

Lovely to walk around a town or city early in the morning and still see shop and home owners scrubbing the pavement outside of there premises rather than phoning the council or a radio station to complain.

The atmosphere down near the road at the Cafe du Monument in Namur the first weekend of August in the 70s, 80s and 90s was something to behold.

Famous people – Joel Robert, Roger DeCoster, Andre Malherbe, Georges Jobe, Stefan Everts, Joel Smets, Roger DeVlaemink, Eddy Merckx, Tom Boonen, Phillipe Gilbert and Tintin.

Trying to persuade the misses that a trip to the Citadel de Namur Cyclocross next year would be a good family getaway.

loddrik
    Free Member

Tell you another thing, loddrik above most of us here would get the pronunciation bang on

I’d say the welsh could nail it even better than me, just….

Macavity
    Free Member

Robert Cailliau
    12 Nov 1990

qwerty
    Free Member

SSEC2011 will put it on the map!

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Belgium…’ is closed to new replies.