Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Belfast sinkts : Worktop overhang at the sink.
  • fisha
    Free Member

For those of you that have a Belfast sink, does your worktop have an overhang on the 3 edges where the worktop meets the sink? I’ve read various articles about how it should be nearly an inch … which seems quite a lot.

If I look at google images of belfast sinks, the overlaps seem to range from large to none atall.

So any thoughts or experiences of what is more practical / better. What about how far it sticks out ?

cheers chaps / chapesses.

Clobber
    Free Member

My worktop overhangs my belfast sink by 1/4″, seems about right… enough to get a good silicone seal that you can’t see.

fisha
    Free Member

thanks … thats what I was thinking. I read folk talking about drip grooves and stuff, but i thought if it had a straight run down to the sink side as you have ( via a little bead of silicone at an angle ), then that would be as good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    the-muffin-man

Stupid things – they are always set 2 inches too low and you end up getting back ache when using them cause you have to lean down too much!!!

Sorry can’t answer your question! 😀

fisha
    Free Member

you think i’ll be using the sink …..

mmmmwaahhahahahahaaha.

Harry_the_Spider

About 5mm on mine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Belfast sinkts : Worktop overhang at the sink.’ is closed to new replies.