Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Belfast: Eating and drinking recommendations?
  • nickewen
    Free Member

Over here for a few days and my wife said I should ask my “little bike friends” if they know of any nice bars and restaurants..!

It’s my first time over here and we’re staying bang in the centre of town so any recommendations on places to eat, drink and visit would be most appreciated.

Cheers
    Nick

johnhe

Most tourists have a pint at the Crown bar, which is right opposite the Euro’s hotel. The Duke of York and Whites Tavern are also very popular city centre pubs.

For restaurants, I personally like the Mourne Seafood bar and Ginger bistro, which are both city centre. A foodie friend of mine is adamant that Ox is the best restaurant in Belfast, but I’ve not been there myself.

sv

For a decent beer try The Sunflower (wood fired pizza in the beer garden, very STW!), Cheeky Cherub is a nice place for couples eating out. As John mentioned Mourne Seafood bar is nice also.

jonnyboi

Mourne seafood bar
    Made in Belfast

Both excellent

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks John that’s really helpful. Spotted the crown bar on the way in so will be heading there for a pint shortly. Plenty of Hop House 13 owa here which is my new favourite drink as wel. Cheers

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

hop house 13 – made by guiness.

nickewen
    Free Member

Wow, Mourne seafood bar getting some good reviews. Might try that tonight. I do like the sound of a proper pizza too. Thanks!

pete0773
    Free Member

Ginger Bistro is my favourite restaurant when in Belfast! You might need to book a table.
    Pete

nickewen
    Free Member

Just walked past Ox. Place looked empty (literally).. guessing they put the tables/chairs/menu out on an evening?!

Ganna have a wander past Ginger bistro shortly scope that out too.

pyranha

Holohans on the Barge, Oxford Street (they’ve also got a related restaurant near Queens, but I’ve not eaten there).

lyrikal
    Free Member

For posh nosh and a slight cycling link try Coppi in the cathedral quarter. Real good grub.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Belfast: Eating and drinking recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.