• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Belching at work.
  • Nick

I’m currently sat next to this bloke who has belched 4 times since he arrived at 9:20. I tend to put on some headphones while working so I don’t have to hear him gurgling away all day.

Mostly it’s just a hurammmp noise, followed by a satisfied sounding exhale, but yesterday he just let one out, Homer Simpson style, while I was on a call to a customer, I had to restrain myself from putting the phone on mute and shouting at him.

I’ve had words with him, to the effect that it’s not acceptable, but I guess it must be medical?

It’s pretty gross to be honest, any advice on how to deal with this?

clubber
    Free Member

Burp him?

Lifer
    Free Member

Burp him with bombers!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Add him as a friend on Facebook then tell him off by writing on his wall.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Better out than in.

DezB
    Free Member

Are you not of a level of familiarity with your work colleagues where you can tell them to shut the f*&^ up? That’s certainly the approach I’d take.

rewski
    Free Member

Buy him some gaviscon, then fart in his face

binners

Up the anti a bit. Beans on toast for breakfast then every time he burps, just pass wind like an enormous German anti-tank gun

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRP!!!!!!!

derek_starship
    Free Member

We had a guy who used to belch really loudly several times a day. He was fired eventually for other things. He was a repugnant waste of mucous based organism.

Is this guy generally okay and does he get along with people? If he is, then a quiet word like “please don’t burp when I’m on the blower” might work. If he is a bit of a dick, he may be belching in contempt and needs to be dealt with by his line manager. If it continues, put in a grievenace. You don’t come to work to listen to somebody’s windy pops!

*waits for e_lynch to come along and ask why somebody shouldn’t have the freedom to burp in the office. Do you expect them to leave the room to belch?…blah..blah bleeding blah..*

binners

Leave a copy of this on his desk, with a polite request that he view it that evening

He needs to learn that theses apparently minor annoyances can combine to have unpredictable and ultimately, potentially fatal consequences

From that point onwards, he’s had fair warning. If he does it again, pop a cap in his ass

dogbert
    Free Member

It’s pretty gross to be honest, any advice on how to deal with this?

Have another word, then speak to his boss, he’ll find it funny until he gets the “can I have a word?”

Guy who sits across from me spends the whole day burping, farting, trying to chat up anyone who passes by and reminding us all that he’s irish…….I want walls and a door, **** open plan

derek_starship
    Free Member

[pedant]Binners – it’s ante mate[/pedant]

*expects a bit of shit on Saturday’s ride*

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My abdomen gurgles away all day. When the office is quiet, it’s noticeable. It’s very embarrassing.

psychle
    Free Member

My belly grumbles & rumbles away at work, no idea why… quite often burp as well (though always with a closed mouth, so you get a really deep resonating rumble through the chest)… colleagues don’t seem to mind, no-one’s said anything to me anyway!

Thinking about it… where do you work OP?? 😳

binners

Oh, how dreadful. What a frightful faux pas 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

Farting is positively encouraged in my workplace. Except Mon-Fri between 0900-1300 when Gail is in, in which case we retire to the Sgts office to purge our bottoms and shut the door behind us.

mrfox
    Free Member

I’ve got the silent fart under the desk sorted – it’s a question of delicate muscle control – but everyone knows that it’s coming anyway, due to the postprandial squeaking which, in a quiet office, can be quite noticeable. The guy next to me burps constantly, only he’s polite enough to be a mouth-closed offender.

Nick

They have built up all day to another proper Homer Simpson face vibrator, at which point I quietly had another word, “please can you at least try to control your belching while in the office”, to which he replied “I am, I’ve got these tablets”.

Still, haven’t heard him do it since, this was about 30 mins ago so maybe the tabs are working…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Belching at work.’ is closed to new replies.