Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Being tired and bleeding brakes/needless daft mistakes.
  • Wally

Anybody else realised that the mineral oil is never going to travel up the hose from the caliper if you have removed the bleed screw and placed the full yellow cup of mineral oil on the wrong lever?

It took all the family, daughter on computer stop/starting video and Mrs Wally on handlebars and brake pump duty to get a solid bleed. At one point the daughter learnt a new, never to be repeated word.

I also forgot to add the olive (I was be shouted for dinner) and wondered why it was spurting out on first attempt.

Fun for all the family this biking.

timbur
    Free Member

Yeah, done that as well 😳

eulach

I hate bleeding brakes. I’m quite happy to index gears, strip a pair of forks or damper but brakes…
    At least you got a good bleed and the children learnt something.

mattbee

I blew a lever seal with the funnel on the front lever & the syringe on the rear calliper…

RicB

Took the bleed screw off the lever but forgot to attach the yellow bleed funnel. Then sat next to the bike, right under the handlebar and pushed 30ml fluid into the caliper with a syringe, wondering why my back felt wet.

Thankfully it was mineral not dot fluid!

Northwind

I’ve done the “working on both levers simultaneously” thing. WHY DON’T YOU WORK!

The one I always remember was changing brake lines on the motorbike… No syringe or vacuum kit, all the guides just said “pump the lever” basically. 3 hours of that, nothing happened at all. Left it overnight, nothing happened. Another attempt, nothing happened. Basically gave up and at that exact moment, fluid at the caliper, 5 minutes later job done. I swear to god bikes tease us, they know exactly what’s going on and when to kick us

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Being tired and bleeding brakes/needless daft mistakes.’ is closed to new replies.