Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Being Creative on a mountain bike – Is it possible?
  • Cieren
    Free Member

Can any one help in defining what being creative is, especially when it comes to you riding your bike and being involved in the bike fraternity. I am researching what it means to be creative or rather have we been educated out of our creativity. The development of creativity both in terms of brain function and its need to develop in society is well documented. As part of my Masters/Phd I am interested in what people think about in terms of solving problems and coming up with new solutions to problems that has a value.

thepodge
    Free Member

cre?a?tive
    ?
    –adjective
    1.having the quality or power of creating.
    2.resulting from originality of thought, expression, etc.; imaginative: creative writing.
    3.originative; productive (usually fol. by of).
    4.Facetious. using or creating exaggerated or skewed data, information, etc.: creative bookkeeping.

BoardinBob

About as create as you’ll ever see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o&feature=related

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

there is a great quote by nat young (elder statemen of surfing and legend, google him) from way back that is about surfing but can be applied to anything that is all about sensation and experience rather than playing within rules… ‘the worst thing that ever happened to surfing was when we started calling it a sport.’

adeward
    Free Member

i am co inventor or inventor on a number of mtb patents i have also designed or co designed a number of bikes you have seen or ridden,,
    is that creative?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Well, perhaps it’s just stupid me but I think you need to rephrase your question. I can think of a number of ways that creativity plays a part in mtbing (trail building in particular) but I am unsure exactly what you are driving at.

woodsman
    Free Member

‘value’ is subjective

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Being Creative on a mountain bike – Is it possible?’ is closed to new replies.