Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Before I take a big hammer to my PC…
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

I have a new router from Plus Net. I can get onto the net with my phone (after entering a new password)fine. I can connect to an unsecured BT network from my pc ,wireless, fine. I can connect to the net via Plus Net from my pc with the ethernet cable thingy. I can’t connect to the net using Plus Net wireless. Ive not been asked to renter a password on my pc and the error message just says there is a connectivity problem.

So, anyone got any clues – 2hrs on the phone to Plus Net got me nowhere.

johnners
    Free Member

You’ll need to enter a password on your PC. It’ll be the same one you used on your phone. Right click on the network icon in the task bar and go to properties.

kcal

phone — connects to your router, or on 3G?

Is your wireless network available / visible on your PC?
    Is your wireless network set up, and is compatible (2.4GHz / 5GHz)

is it trouble connecting to the wireless, or to the wider world?

Nipper99
    Free Member

I can connect to the wider world via my phone and via plus net (wireless) fine but not via my pc. Dont have properties option.

johnners
    Free Member

What version of Windows?

richmars

Can you ‘see’ the BT wireless network on the network properties in Windows?
    You should also ‘see’ the Plus Net wireless network. You may need to disconnect from the BT wireless network, and connect to the Plus net network. You should have to enter the password for the Plus net wireless network, and maybe select the correct type of wireless security.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Windows Vista

jota180
    Free Member

Windows Vista

😯

johnners
    Free Member

Don’t remember quite what Vista looks like but do something like – left click on the network icon in the taskbar, spot your new network on the list that pops up, left-click on it, click on connect then it should prompt you for a password.

Or go to Control Panel and the Betwork and Sharing Centre?

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Do you want to borrow a big hammer? Its probably for the best

Cougar

Is there a WPS button on the router? Try hitting that, then search for it on the PC.

Cougar

Oh,

Try moving the router / PC, or turning the router on its end. You might just be in a blackspot.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Before I take a big hammer to my PC…’ is closed to new replies.